* beta & math
@ 2008-01-08 12:25 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-01-08 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded a beta.

(1) feature inheritance, example:

\definefontfeature[default-a][tlig=yes]
\definefontfeature[default-b][liga=yes]
\definefontfeature[default-c][default-a,default-b][mode=node]

\starttext
   \definedfont[Serif*default-c at 60pt]fiets --
\stoptext

(2) unicode math

this is work in progress and i need a few volunteers for building
definition lists; all info goes in char-def.lua and math mappings are
generated automatically; there will still be math vectors (like
math-tex.tex) but using lua tables; an example is in math-ini.lua; for
math stuff not in unicode we will use private unicodes in char-def; just
a dumb test ...

\starttext
[[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]] \par
$[[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]]$\par
$\alpha\char945 \utfchar{945} abc 123$
\startXMLdata
<oeps>((( )))</oeps>
\stopXMLdata
\stoptext

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-08 14:12 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-01-08 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

\textbraceleft and \textbraceright (which I us from time to time) are
identified as math characters in the latest beta and give errors:

! Missing $ inserted.
<inserted text>
                 $
<to be read again>
                    \omathchar
\textbraceleft ->\omathchar
                             "4020066

But I want to use them as text characters (they are defined in enco-
ans.tex, enco-ec.tex, and other encodings. Can this be fixed?

Thomas

On Jan 8, 2008, at 1:25 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a beta.
>
> (1) feature inheritance, example:
>
> \definefontfeature[default-a][tlig=yes]
> \definefontfeature[default-b][liga=yes]
> \definefontfeature[default-c][default-a,default-b][mode=node]
>
> \starttext
>   \definedfont[Serif*default-c at 60pt]fiets --
> \stoptext
>
> (2) unicode math
>
> this is work in progress and i need a few volunteers for building
> definition lists; all info goes in char-def.lua and math mappings are
> generated automatically; there will still be math vectors (like
> math-tex.tex) but using lua tables; an example is in math-ini.lua; for
> math stuff not in unicode we will use private unicodes in char-def;
> just
> a dumb test ...
>
> \starttext
> [[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]] \par
> $[[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]]$\par
> $\alpha\char945 \utfchar{945} abc 123$
> \startXMLdata
> <oeps>((( )))</oeps>
> \stopXMLdata
> \stoptext
>

> Hans

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-08 15:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-01-08 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hans,
>
> \textbraceleft and \textbraceright (which I us from time to time) are
> identified as math characters in the latest beta and give errors:
>
> ! Missing $ inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                  $
> <to be read again>
>                     \omathchar
> \textbraceleft ->\omathchar
>                              "4020066
>
> But I want to use them as text characters (they are defined in enco-
> ans.tex, enco-ec.tex, and other encodings. Can this be fixed?

hope so, just uploaded a new zip (btw, enco-ec cum suis are past time in
luatex)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-08 17:18     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-01-08 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:42 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> Hans,
>>
>> \textbraceleft and \textbraceright (which I us from time to time) are
>> identified as math characters in the latest beta and give errors:
>>
>> ! Missing $ inserted.
>> <inserted text>
>>                 $
>> <to be read again>
>>                    \omathchar
>> \textbraceleft ->\omathchar
>>                             "4020066
>>
>> But I want to use them as text characters (they are defined in enco-
>> ans.tex, enco-ec.tex, and other encodings. Can this be fixed?
>
> hope so, just uploaded a new zip (btw, enco-ec cum suis are past
> time in
> luatex)
>
> Hans

Excellent, works again! Was aware that enco-XXX is dead as a doornail,
but wanted to explain that this is not a mathcharacter (at least not
exculively...).

Thanks, and best

Thomas

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-11 14:35 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-01-11 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I assume today's upload has made that 'current'. I wrote
a page at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2008.01.11
but no summary on the main page; because I do not trust that
I have not missed something important (like the unicode math).

Can someone (Hans) please check that page and write a small
stub entry for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes ?

Best wishes,
Taco

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I uploaded a beta.
>
> (1) feature inheritance, example:
>
> \definefontfeature[default-a][tlig=yes]
> \definefontfeature[default-b][liga=yes]
> \definefontfeature[default-c][default-a,default-b][mode=node]
>
> \starttext
>    \definedfont[Serif*default-c at 60pt]fiets --
> \stoptext
>
> (2) unicode math
>
> this is work in progress and i need a few volunteers for building
> definition lists; all info goes in char-def.lua and math mappings are
> generated automatically; there will still be math vectors (like
> math-tex.tex) but using lua tables; an example is in math-ini.lua; for
> math stuff not in unicode we will use private unicodes in char-def; just
> a dumb test ...
>
> \starttext
> [[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]] \par
> $[[[\utfchar{8194}]]][[[\utfchar{8195}]]]$\par
> $\alpha\char945 \utfchar{945} abc 123$
> \startXMLdata
> <oeps>((( )))</oeps>
> \stopXMLdata
> \stoptext
>

> Hans

>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-11 15:10   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-01-11 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 11, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I assume today's upload has made that 'current'. I wrote
> a page at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2008.01.11
> but no summary on the main page; because I do not trust that
> I have not missed something important (like the unicode math).
>
> Can someone (Hans) please check that page and write a small
> stub entry for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes ?
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

So I take it "enrichment" will replace "fea" files? Anything known
about syntax etc. yet?

Which French king is supposed to have said "enrichissez-vous," was
that Louis-Philippe? ;-)

All best

Thomas

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-11 17:54     ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-01-11 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 11 janvier à 16:10:58 "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> écrit notamment:

| Which French king is supposed to have said "enrichissez-vous," was
| that Louis-Philippe? ;-)

François Guizot, Louis-Philippe's prime minister (in the 1840's)

cheers,
--
Jean

* Re: beta & math
@ 2008-01-11 21:02     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-01-11 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2008, at 3:35 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I assume today's upload has made that 'current'. I wrote
>> a page at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2008.01.11
>> but no summary on the main page; because I do not trust that
>> I have not missed something important (like the unicode math).
>>
>> Can someone (Hans) please check that page and write a small
>> stub entry for http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes ?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Taco
>
> So I take it "enrichment" will replace "fea" files? Anything known
> about syntax etc. yet?

no, in this case it was just more convenient to implement tlig and trep
as pseudo features (instead of --in node mode-- handle them like base
mode features which makes not less dynamic etc etc etc

i must say that the thought occured to me to write a fea merger in lau
but this is more something for the ff libary

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE