* Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-16 18:56 Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-01-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,

Using luatex from the minimals at minimals.contextgarden.net (linux), I am
unable to have bibtex working: here is a minimal example:
\usemodule[bib]
\usemodule[bibltx]
\setupbibtex [database=/home/jean/BIB/biblio.bib]
 \setuppublications[]
\setuppublicationlist[]
\setupcite[]
\starttext
Bonjour de luatex!
\blank
LUA  \cite[year][destv]
\startlua
a = 1.5
b = 1.8
c = a*b
tex.print(c)
\stoplua
\completepublications[criterium=all]
\stoptext

I see this in the messages:

"publications   : warning: cite argument destv is unknown on 139"

pdftex and xetex engines find it without problem.

What did I miss?
--
Jean

* Re: Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-16 21:43 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-01-16 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have successfully used the bib module with luatex, but I had to run
bibtex manually on the file once. Have you tried that?

Thomas

On Jan 16, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Using luatex from the minimals at minimals.contextgarden.net
> (linux), I am
> unable to have bibtex working: here is a minimal example:
> \usemodule[bib]
> \usemodule[bibltx]
> \setupbibtex [database=/home/jean/BIB/biblio.bib]
> \setuppublications[]
> \setuppublicationlist[]
> \setupcite[]
> \starttext
> Bonjour de luatex!
> \blank
> LUA  \cite[year][destv]
> \startlua
> a = 1.5
> b = 1.8
> c = a*b
> tex.print(c)
> \stoplua
> \completepublications[criterium=all]
> \stoptext
>
> I see this in the messages:
>
> "publications   : warning: cite argument destv is unknown on 139"
>
> pdftex and xetex engines find it without problem.
>
> What did I miss?
> --
> Jean

* Re: Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-16 22:41   ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-01-16 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 16 janvier à 22:43:28 "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> écrit notamment:

| I have successfully used the bib module with luatex, but I had to run
| bibtex manually on the file once. Have you tried that?
>
| Thomas

Well thanks! I did it but still the same; besides I saw this in the blg
file:
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
The top-level auxiliary file: taist.aux
I couldn't open style file cont-no.bst

but this file is there and readable by any user!?!

| On Jan 16, 2008, at 7:56 PM, Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
>
| > Hi all,
| >
| > Using luatex from the minimals at minimals.contextgarden.net
| > (linux), I am
| > unable to have bibtex working: here is a minimal example:
| > \usemodule[bib]
| > \usemodule[bibltx]
| > \setupbibtex [database=/home/jean/BIB/biblio.bib]
| > \setuppublications[]
| > \setuppublicationlist[]
| > \setupcite[]
| > \starttext
| > Bonjour de luatex!
| > \blank
| > LUA  \cite[year][destv]
| > \startlua
| > a = 1.5
| > b = 1.8
| > c = a*b
| > tex.print(c)
| > \stoplua
| > \completepublications[criterium=all]
| > \stoptext
| >
| > I see this in the messages:
| >
| > "publications   : warning: cite argument destv is unknown on 139"
| >
| > pdftex and xetex engines find it without problem.
| >
| > What did I miss?
| > --
| > Jean

* Re: Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-17  9:17     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-01-17  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
> Le 16 janvier à 22:43:28 "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> écrit notamment:
>
> | I have successfully used the bib module with luatex, but I had to run
> | bibtex manually on the file once. Have you tried that?
> | Thomas
>
> Well thanks! I did it but still the same; besides I saw this in the blg
> file:
> This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
> The top-level auxiliary file: taist.aux
> I couldn't open style file cont-no.bst
>
> but this file is there and readable by any user!?!

Perhaps there is a problem with the setup of the minimals,
your environment or texmf.cnf should contain a setting for
BSTINPUTS. I have here:

   BSTINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-17 12:27       ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-01-17 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 17 janvier à 10:17:32 Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> écrit notamment:

| Jean Magnan de Bornier wrote:
| > Le 16 janvier à 22:43:28 "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> écrit notamment:
| >
| > | I have successfully used the bib module with luatex, but I had to run
| > | bibtex manually on the file once. Have you tried that?
| > | Thomas
| >
| > Well thanks! I did it but still the same; besides I saw this in the blg
| > file:
| > This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.5.6)
| > The top-level auxiliary file: taist.aux
| > I couldn't open style file cont-no.bst
| >
| > but this file is there and readable by any user!?!
>
| Perhaps there is a problem with the setup of the minimals,
| your environment or texmf.cnf should contain a setting for
| BSTINPUTS. I have here:
>
|    BSTINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//

That was exactly it, Thank you Taco!
(something to fix in minimals then...)

cheers,
--
Jean

* Re: Bibliography and luatex
@ 2008-01-17 13:35         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-01-17 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

> | Perhaps there is a problem with the setup of the minimals,
> | your environment or texmf.cnf should contain a setting for
> | BSTINPUTS. I have here:
> >
> |    BSTINPUTS = .;{$TXRESOURCES}//;{$CTXDEVTXPATH};$TEXMF/bibtex/bst//
>
> That was exactly it, Thank you Taco!
> (something to fix in minimals then...)

Done and untested. (texmf.cnf originates in context.cnf)

Thanks for reporting.

Mojca