* Nested XML environments with MkIV
@ 2008-02-02 18:42 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-02-02 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Hi,

I tried to get the following example with ConTeXt's old XML macros
in MkII with the new setup mechanism from MkIV.

\defineXMLenvironment [section] {Section:\par} {}
\defineXMLenvironment [p] \par \par

\startbuffer
<section>
	<section>
	</section>
</section>
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\processXMLbuffer
\stoptext

My code for MkIV looks like:

\startxmlsetups xml:mysetups
  \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{section}{xml:section}
  \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{p}{xml:paragraph}
\stopxmlsetups

\xmlregistersetup{xml:mysetups}

\startxmlsetups xml:paragraph
  \xmlflush{#1}\par
\stopxmlsetups

\startxmlsetups xml:section
  Section:\par
  \xmlflush{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

\startbuffer[section]
<section>
	<section>
	</section>
</section>
\stopbuffer

\starttext
\xmlprocessbuffer{main}{section}{}
\stoptext

What I want is to insert or execute a macro at the begin of every new
section environment (I used the text "Section:") and this work fine
with XML definition but not with setups, only the first envionment is
executed and the rest is only read and flushed.

Wolfgang

* Re: Nested XML environments with MkIV
@ 2008-02-02 20:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-02-02 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> What I want is to insert or execute a macro at the begin of every new
> section environment (I used the text "Section:") and this work fine
> with XML definition but not with setups, only the first envionment is
> executed and the rest is only read and flushed.

smells like a bug

btw,

   \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{p|section}{xml:*}

is more efficient (one sweep)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE