* halfline broken
@ 2008-02-05 17:17 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-02-05 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since context version: 2008.01.28 up to now there is an error when
running the file attached below:

! Undefined control sequence.
\dodosetupwhitespace ...g \witruimteflexibelfalse
                                                   \ctxparskip 1
\ctxparskip \...
l.31 \setupwhitespace[halfline]

?
Process aborted

(In context version: 2008.01.03 it still works.)

Steffen

\chardef\baselinegridmode=1 % not the default !

\def\dodosetupwhitespace % can go in core (or cont-new)
   {\ifgridsnapping
      \witruimteflexibelfalse
      \ctxparskip1\ctxparskip
      \ifdim\ctxparskip>\zeropoint
        \ifcase\baselinegridmode
          \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
        \or
          \ifdim\scratchdimen=\baselineskip % maybe range
            \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
          \else
            \ctxparskip\numexpr
\ctxparskip/\dimexpr.5\lineheight\relax\relax\dimexpr.5\lineheight\relax
          \fi
        \else
          \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
        \fi
      \fi
    \else
      \ifwitruimteflexibel \else \ctxparskip1\ctxparskip \fi
    \fi
    \parskip\ctxparskip}

\starttext

\setuplayout[grid=yes] \showstruts \showgrid \showgridboxes

\setupwhitespace[halfline]

\setuphead[section][grid=fit]

\section{Heading One}

\input tufte

\input knuth

\stoptext

* Re: halfline broken
@ 2008-02-05 19:31 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-02-05 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Wolfrum schrieb:
> Since context version: 2008.01.28 up to now there is an error when
> running the file attached below:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \dodosetupwhitespace ...g \witruimteflexibelfalse
>                                                    \ctxparskip 1
> \ctxparskip \...
> l.31 \setupwhitespace[halfline]
>
> ?
> Process aborted
>

> (In context version: 2008.01.03 it still works.)
>

> Steffen
>

> \chardef\baselinegridmode=1 % not the default !

The same macro can be found in core-spa.tex, so your version of
\dodosetupwhitespace is obsolete now. I haven't compared it to the last
bit, but it should be the same. Time for you to clean up your sources too ;)

Best Wishes, Peter

> \def\dodosetupwhitespace % can go in core (or cont-new)
>    {\ifgridsnapping
>       \witruimteflexibelfalse
>       \ctxparskip1\ctxparskip
>       \ifdim\ctxparskip>\zeropoint
>         \ifcase\baselinegridmode
>           \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
>         \or
>           \ifdim\scratchdimen=\baselineskip % maybe range
>             \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
>           \else
>             \ctxparskip\numexpr
> \ctxparskip/\dimexpr.5\lineheight\relax\relax\dimexpr.5\lineheight\relax
>           \fi
>         \else
>           \ctxparskip\baselineskip % normal ! ! ! ! !!
>         \fi
>       \fi
>     \else
>       \ifwitruimteflexibel \else \ctxparskip1\ctxparskip \fi
>     \fi
>     \parskip\ctxparskip}
>
> \starttext
>
> \setuplayout[grid=yes] \showstruts \showgrid \showgridboxes
>
> \setupwhitespace[halfline]
>
> \setuphead[section][grid=fit]
>
> \section{Heading One}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stoptext

* Re: halfline broken
@ 2008-02-06  7:44 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-06  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Since context version: 2008.01.28 up to now there is an error when
> running the file attached below:
>
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \dodosetupwhitespace ...g \witruimteflexibelfalse
>                                                    \ctxparskip 1

In the core, the
   \newif \witruimteflexibel
became
   \newconditional \flexiblewhitespace

so the get the same effect as the old \witruimteflexibelfalse
and \ifwit... you now need \setfalse\flexiblewhitespace and
\ifconditional\flexiblewhitespace.

As Peter said: see core-spa.tex for details

Best wishes,
Taco

PS Hans, the \newconditional itself is actually not there. Wouldn't
   it be nicer to add it? It would help while grepping through the
   source.

* Re: halfline broken
@ 2008-02-06  8:39   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-02-06  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Peter and Taco!

Am 06.02.2008 um 08:44 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Since context version: 2008.01.28 up to now there is an error when
>> running the file attached below:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \dodosetupwhitespace ...g \witruimteflexibelfalse
>>                                                    \ctxparskip 1
>
> In the core, the
>    \newif \witruimteflexibel
> became
>    \newconditional \flexiblewhitespace
>
> so the get the same effect as the old \witruimteflexibelfalse
> and \ifwit... you now need \setfalse\flexiblewhitespace and
> \ifconditional\flexiblewhitespace.
>
> As Peter said: see core-spa.tex for details

Interesting lecture ... just, why does the file read:  file=core-spa,
version=1997.03.31 ?

I hadn't expected changes by this version date.

Steffen

* Re: halfline broken
@ 2008-02-06  8:45     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-02-06  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Interesting lecture ... just, why does the file read:  file=core-spa,
> version=1997.03.31 ?

  You shouldn't trust the version statement too much ;-)  The file itself
dates back to January 25th, and diff shows quite a lot of changes with
the version from, say, late December.

	Arthur

* Re: halfline broken
@ 2008-02-06  9:11   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-02-06  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Since context version: 2008.01.28 up to now there is an error when
>> running the file attached below:
>>
>> ! Undefined control sequence.
>> \dodosetupwhitespace ...g \witruimteflexibelfalse
>>                                                    \ctxparskip 1
>
> In the core, the
>   \newif \witruimteflexibel
> became
>   \newconditional \flexiblewhitespace
>
> so the get the same effect as the old \witruimteflexibelfalse
> and \ifwit... you now need \setfalse\flexiblewhitespace and
> \ifconditional\flexiblewhitespace.
>
> As Peter said: see core-spa.tex for details
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco
>
> PS Hans, the \newconditional itself is actually not there. Wouldn't
>   it be nicer to add it? It would help while grepping through the
>   source.

ok, i now have

\newconditional \flexiblewhitespace \settrue\flexiblewhitespace

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE