WN wrote: >> >> I think chapter titles are supposed appear automatically in the >> bookmarks, no need for an explicit \bookmark. >> > True enough. But should they appear twice ? > I want a custom bookmark for the table of contents and list of figures, > so I used \bookmark[chapter] to include these (once not twice). Ah, I see now. Looks like a bug to me. I do not understand the code well enough to fix it, however. I am attaching a minimal example for Hans. (meanwhile, you could use \bookmark without the optional argument). Best wishes, Taco