* Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-05 12:00 WN
From: WN @ 2008-02-05 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I use \bookmark[chapter]{Some bookmark} the bookmark appears twice
in the list of bookmarks
but the bookmark also appears twice in the Table of Contents.

Is this a known problem/bug or is there something I should do ?

I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2008.02.01 17:25 MKII  fmt: 2008.2.4  int:
english/english

Kind regards
Wim

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06  8:25 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-06  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

WN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use \bookmark[chapter]{Some bookmark} the bookmark appears twice
> in the list of bookmarks
> but the bookmark also appears twice in the Table of Contents.

I think chapter titles are supposed appear automatically in the
bookmarks, no need for an explicit \bookmark.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 16:19   ` WN
From: WN @ 2008-02-06 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> WN wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When I use \bookmark[chapter]{Some bookmark} the bookmark appears twice
>> in the list of bookmarks
>> but the bookmark also appears twice in the Table of Contents.
>>

> I think chapter titles are supposed appear automatically in the
> bookmarks, no need for an explicit \bookmark.

True enough. But should they appear twice ?
I want a custom bookmark for the table of contents and list of figures,
so I used \bookmark[chapter] to include these (once not twice).

Best wishes
Wim
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 18:37     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-06 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

WN wrote:

>> I think chapter titles are supposed appear automatically in the
>> bookmarks, no need for an explicit \bookmark.
>>
> True enough. But should they appear twice ?
> I want a custom bookmark for the table of contents and list of figures,
> so I used \bookmark[chapter] to include these (once not twice).

Ah, I see now. Looks like a bug to me. I do not understand the code
well enough to fix it, however. I am attaching a minimal example for
Hans.

(meanwhile, you could use \bookmark without the optional argument).

Best wishes,
Taco

[-- Attachment #2: bookm.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 231 bytes --]

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[chapter][chapter]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]

\starttext
\chapter{In the beginning}
\bookmark[chapter]{In initio} % Without [chapter], this is fine!

Oh no.
\stoptext

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 19:21       ` WN
From: WN @ 2008-02-06 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is what I would like to do

\startfrontmatter
\bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
\completecontent[partnumber=no]
\page
\bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
\completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
\stopfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\component chapter01
\component chapter02
\stopbodymatter

the bookmarks only appears with the [chapter] included, but twice.
Also they appear twice in the table of contents (which is consistent).

I would like the bookmarks to appear once and not in the TOC.
Perhaps Hans can take the above code, as indeed your code works but
not in the above code.

Best wishes
Wim

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> WN wrote:
>>>
>>> I think chapter titles are supposed appear automatically in the
>>> bookmarks, no need for an explicit \bookmark.
>>>
>> True enough. But should they appear twice ?
>> I want a custom bookmark for the table of contents and list of figures,
>> so I used \bookmark[chapter] to include these (once not twice).
>
> Ah, I see now. Looks like a bug to me. I do not understand the code
> well enough to fix it, however. I am attaching a minimal example for
> Hans.
>
> (meanwhile, you could use \bookmark without the optional argument).
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 19:30         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-02-06 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

WN wrote:

> This is what I would like to do
>
> \startfrontmatter
> \bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
> \completecontent[partnumber=no]
> \page
> \bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
> \completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
> \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter
> \component chapter01
> \component chapter02
> \stopbodymatter
>
> the bookmarks only appears with the [chapter] included, but twice.
> Also they appear twice in the table of contents (which is consistent).

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\placebookmarks

\starttext

\completecontent[partnumber=no]

\bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}

\page

\completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
\bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}

\chapter{first}
\chapter{second}

\stoptext

> I would like the bookmarks to appear once and not in the TOC.
> Perhaps Hans can take the above code, as indeed your code works but
> not in the above code.
>
> Best wishes
> Wim
>

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:

>>> True enough. But should they appear twice ?
>>> I want a custom bookmark for the table of contents and list of figures,
>>> so I used \bookmark[chapter] to include these (once not twice).
>>
>> Ah, I see now. Looks like a bug to me. I do not understand the code
>> well enough to fix it, however. I am attaching a minimal example for
>> Hans.
>>
>> (meanwhile, you could use \bookmark without the optional argument).
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Taco

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 19:41           ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-06 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> WN wrote:
>> This is what I would like to do
>>
>> \startfrontmatter
>> \bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
>> \completecontent[partnumber=no]
>> \page
>> \bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
>> \completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
>> \stopfrontmatter
>> \startbodymatter
>> \component chapter01
>> \component chapter02
>> \stopbodymatter
>>
>> the bookmarks only appears with the [chapter] included, but twice.
>> Also they appear twice in the table of contents (which is consistent).
>

> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \placebookmarks
>
> \starttext
>
> \completecontent[partnumber=no]
>
> \bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
>
> \page
>
> \completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
> \bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
>
> \chapter{first}
> \chapter{second}
>
> \stoptext

That looks good, but why? Does \complexbookmark only work to
overrule a yet-to-come sectioning command?

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 20:44             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-02-06 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>> WN wrote:
>>> This is what I would like to do
>>>
>>> \startfrontmatter
>>> \bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
>>> \completecontent[partnumber=no]
>>> \page
>>> \bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
>>> \completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
>>> \stopfrontmatter
>>> \startbodymatter
>>> \component chapter01
>>> \component chapter02
>>> \stopbodymatter
>>>
>>> the bookmarks only appears with the [chapter] included, but twice.
>>> Also they appear twice in the table of contents (which is consistent).
>>
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>>
>> \placebookmarks
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \completecontent[partnumber=no]
>>
>> \bookmark[chapter]{Inhoudsopgave}
>>
>> \page
>>
>> \completelistoffigures[partnumber=no]
>> \bookmark[chapter]{Lijst van figuren}
>>
>> \chapter{first}
>> \chapter{second}
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> That looks good, but why? Does \complexbookmark only work to
> overrule a yet-to-come sectioning command?

no, the previous one (bookmarks are flushed in everypar)

in this case the \complete... has a \chapter so the bookmark influences
that one

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Bookmark question
@ 2008-02-06 21:47               ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-06 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
>> That looks good, but why? Does \complexbookmark only work to
>> overrule a yet-to-come sectioning command?
>
> no, the previous one (bookmarks are flushed in everypar)
>
> in this case the \complete... has a \chapter so the bookmark influences
> that one

So what is wrong with this input then?

% engine=pdftex
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks

\starttext
\chapter{In the beginning}

\bookmark[chapter]{In initio} % Without [chapter], this is fine!

Oh no.
\stoptext

This creates three (3!) chapter bookmark entries:

   In the beginning
   In initio
   In initio

instead of the expected 1: