* cite-specific question
@ 2008-02-22  7:45 Trond Lossius
From: Trond Lossius @ 2008-02-22  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

in LaTeX I've been able to do cites in a number of different ways,
depending on what's needed.

In ConTeXt I've figured out how to do

\cite[key]		Full author list and year
			(Watson and Crick 1953)

as well as how to add reference to the page number using
\cite[extras={, page 5}[key].

But I'm wondering if it is possible to get something similar to
\citeN{key}, \citeNP{key}, etc. in LaTeX:

\cite{key}		Full author list and year
			(Watson and Crick 1953)
\citeA{key}		Full author list
			(Watson and Crick)
\citeN{key}		Full author list and year.
			Watson and Crick (1953)
\citeyear{key}		Cite year only
			(1953)

All the above have an NP variant without parentheses; Ex. \citeNP.

Thanks,
Trond

* Re: cite-specific question
@ 2008-02-22  7:59 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-02-22  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Trond Lossius wrote:

> But I'm wondering if it is possible to get something similar to
> \citeN{key}, \citeNP{key}, etc. in LaTeX:

The bib module manual (bibmod-doc.pdf) should be on your harddisk
already, likely in <texmf>/doc/context/bib/. Otherwise, you can
download it from:

http://dl.contextgarden.net/modules/t-bib/doc/context/bib/bibmod-doc.pdf

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: cite-specific question
@ 2008-02-22 10:35   ` Trond Lossius
From: Trond Lossius @ 2008-02-22 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Taco!

That's exactly what I've been looking for.

Best,
Trond