* hyphenating bug
       [not found] ` <68bfdc900804122340i3dda40a2gceee8e057a987577@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-04-13  6:45   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-04-13  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco and Hans

I was typesetting the manual of a software developed by me using
ConTeXt while the problem occurred.  I try to minimized the problem
and the result is attached.

luatex.pdf --- pdf produced by luatex 0.25.2

It seems luatex forgets to hyphenating capital words.
I am not sure whether it is a bug of LuaTeX or ConTeXt.
the output of pdftex 1.40.3 seems fine using the same output file
described below.

--input file
\starttext

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ``AS IS'',
WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM,
DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS
IN THE SOFTWARE.

\stoptext

I hope my information helpful.

Yue Wang

[-- Attachment #2: luatex.pdf --]

* Re: [Dev-luatex] hyphenating bug
@ 2008-04-13  7:52     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-04-13  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi Taco and Hans
>
> I was typesetting the manual of a software developed by me using
> ConTeXt while the problem occurred.  I try to minimized the problem
> and the result is attached.
>
> luatex.pdf --- pdf produced by luatex 0.25.2
>
> It seems luatex forgets to hyphenating capital words.
> I am not sure whether it is a bug of LuaTeX or ConTeXt.

It was a bug in luatex. The fix is in the repository already,
and there will be a 0.25.3 sometime next week.

Best wishes,
Taco