* New context release
@ 2008-04-18 13:21 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-04-18 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hot on the heels of the luatex 0.25.3 release Hans has released
(yet another) new context current (the sixth or seventh this week).

There are a few bugfixes for the mkiv bugs reported yesterday,
but that's about it. If you are curious anyway:

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes

Unless there is a massive outcry (unlikely), this release goes to
CTAN in less than an hour.

Have fun,
Taco

* New context release
       [not found] <20080509180214.60AF71E8C2B2@www.metatex.org>
@ 2008-05-10  9:46 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-10  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

FYI: Hans has uploaded a new current yesterday. I am sorry but there
will not be any release notes until tuesday or wednesday at the
earliest.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-04-17  6:23                           ` Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2008-04-17  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Do, 17 Apr 2008, Will Robertson wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't know how you went about actually creating this package.

The packages are created from the actual TeX Live release, or better
from the security branch of the subversion repository, the tag 2007.1 or
how it is called.

> It sounds like it would be easiest to stick with the official releases
> of TeXLive, despite the long-ish lag-time.

Well yes and no. If the changes are not too invasive we can do it, but
you remember what I said ... ;-)

The problem is when lenny gets stable there will be *no* changes besides
security changes. We will not have the chance to get fixes for stupid
bugs that creeped in into lenny.

Best wishes

Norbert

LOW ARDWELL (n.)
Seductive remark made hopefully in the back of a taxi.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-04-17  6:19                         ` Will Robertson
From: Will Robertson @ 2008-04-17  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norbert Preining

On 17/04/2008, at 3:08 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Honestly, I fear to open a pandora's box here.

Bleah, I can see your concern.
Sorry, I didn't know how you went about actually creating this package.

It sounds like it would be easiest to stick with the official releases
of TeXLive, despite the long-ish lag-time.

[-- Attachment #1.2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-04-17  0:09                     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-17  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 1:42 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> On 16 Apr 2008, at 7:56 pm, Norbert Preining wrote:
>
>  Given that there won't be TL2008 in lenny, I think it would be very
> desirable to update xetex to a more recent version than 0.996 as shipped
> with TL2007.

> (I don't know much about the context situation).

ConTeXt would be happy to have the \supressfontnotfounderror fix
available (which means: happy to have a binary version of XeTeX later
than the one in TL 2007), but should work OK with the old one with
some semi-serious time penalty. If one also forgets all the other nice
bug fixes in xetex, old LM fonts are the only issue that would really
break functionality.

Mojca

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-04-16 18:56                 ` Norbert Preining
       [not found]                   ` <6faad9f00804161607g18d006b2j15484afb7612c64a@mail.gmail.com>
From: Norbert Preining @ 2008-04-16 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mojca Miklavec
	Jonathan Kew

On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> For XeLaTeX you indeed need to update fontspec, but if you're
> reluctant to upgrade the rest of XeTeX, a fix of fontspec to support
> the latest LM fonts is so minor, that it's really not worth having a
> broken ConTeXt+XeTeX. fontspec might need only a few name fixes,
> that's all.

Give me a patch and I will see whether it is so "minor".

> Debian, but a humble request from my side - please do upgrade LM.

There are people using xetex without context, and I don't want to break
anything for them. context/luatex and context/xetex are more
experimental (or at least I consider them that way).

I need to see the necessary changes before I can discuss that.

Jonathan, Will: It is about TeX Live 2007 in Debian/lenny. There will be
no TL2008 in lenny. But we have recent context and recent luatex.

It is about updating the lmodern fonts, currently we have 1.01x, the
last before the otf and font names were renamed.

What changes would be necessary for fontspec and/or euenc and/or xetex
so that we don't break everything, and have a working:
	xetex
	context/xetex

Thanks for any enlightening comments!!

Best wishes

Norbert

LOW EGGBOROUGH (n.)
A quiet little unregarded man in glasses who is building a new kind of
atomic bomb in his garden shed.

@ 2008-04-16 17:21             ` Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2008-04-16 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:
> - for context/luatex: ok with old and new ones
> - for context/xetex: new ones are necessary
>
> Ok, I will think about updating the lmodern fonts, too, but renaming the

Hmm, according to Ralf updating the lmodern is a no-go because that
would need euenc/fontspec updates, which would need ... devilish.
(See bugs.debian.org/469437)

I guess we have to live with this for lenny. And for the next we will
have TL2008 with new xetex/luatex and can ship new context and fonts.

Or do you have another suggestion???

Best wishes

Norbert

Program aborting:
Close all that you have worked on.
You ask far too much.
                       --- Windows Error Haiku

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-04-16 17:08           ` Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2008-04-16 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Hans Hagen wrote:
> well, it may work with the old fonts (depends on how old), in
> font-syn.tex  you will find

Well it is the last release before the renaming of the fonts, as I said
1.01x.

> etc. so older fonts are ok for context/luatex; while for xetex new fonts
> are needed.
>
> >So if we ship the old or the new one there is no problem with the one or
> >the other?
>
> not for luatex/context

Huuu ... above you say

   "so older fonts are ok for context/luatex; while for xetex new fonts
    are needed"

and then

   "not for luatex/context"

So I assume the situation is as follows:

- for context/luatex: ok with old and new ones
- for context/xetex: new ones are necessary

Ok, I will think about updating the lmodern fonts, too, but renaming the
font names is really a pain, you shouldn't do that after a 1.something
release. No idea why they did that.

Thanks for the information

Best wishes

Norbert

AITH (n.)
The single bristle that sticks out sideways on a cheap paintbrush.

@ 2008-04-16 16:55       ` Norbert Preining
From: Norbert Preining @ 2008-04-16 16:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Hans Hagen wrote:
> indeed we need the latest although in the luatex version there is a kind
> of fallback name subsystem,

Aehmmmmm.... what does this mean??? So either you need it, or there is a
fallback system ... semantics are sometimes dangerous ;-)

So if we ship the old or the new one there is no problem with the one or
the other?

> thanks for your prompt package building

No problem, there are normally not many things to do but running the
tests.

But I still hope that some Debian ConTeXt user could check that
everything works as expected etc etc.

Best wishes

Norbert

FINUGE (vb.)
In any division of foodstuffs equally between several people, to give
yourself the extra slice left over.

@ 2008-04-16 16:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-04-16 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Hans has been very busy today. Just now, he uploaded the
fourth "current" of today, and we now believe to have fixed
all reported bugs introduced by 2008.04.15.

Of course we cannot be sure, but please have look at

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Note

for everything we did change and patch in the past 24 hours.
If nothing bad happens, this release will go to CTAN (and
debian, I presume) sometime tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Taco

* New context release
@ 2008-03-12 11:17 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-03-12 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm

It's the first time that I see a release time
< 00:00 by an epsilon

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 15:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-03-11 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> Wow!
>
> Do I get right that it's enough to say something like
>
> sudo ctxtools --update
> sudo texexec --make --all

should be enough

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 14:47     ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2008-03-11 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dnia Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 03:29:29PM +0100, Taco Hoekwater napisa&#322;(a):

> Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> > Wow!
> >
> > Do I get right that it's enough to say something like
> >
> > sudo ctxtools --updatecontext
>
> This command alone should be enough, I believe.

You were right;).

> There is now a release notes page on the wiki:
>
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2008.03.10
>

> Best wishes,
> Taco

Thanks!

Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

Wydaje się jednak, że awersja do matematyki i brak zainteresowana tym
przedmiotem u wielu uczniów nie wynika z braku uzdolnień lub z bardzo
wyraźnie sprecyzowanych zamiłowań w innym kierunku, (...) ale z tego,
że nie umiemy w sposób skuteczny dość wcześnie rozwinąć ich
zainteresowań matematycznych.
							Z. Krygowska

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 14:29   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-03-11 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-03-11 13:39 ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2008-03-11 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wow!

Do I get right that it's enough to say something like

sudo ctxtools --updatecontext
sudo mktexlsr
sudo texexec --make --all
sudo mktexlsr

?

Greets

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.faculty.fmcs.amu.edu.pl)

Walka trwa!
Nie przeciw ciału i krwi, lecz przeciw złym siłom.
Naszym ogniem Miłość Boga, naszym mieczem wierność Jego!
Walka trwa!
                        (Izaiash)

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 13:32       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-03-11 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  Both Hans and Luigi are just too fast for me, I can't keep up.
This in not true, really.
I discovered mplib-alpha just two days ago,
with a delay of only two months.

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 12:07     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-03-11 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater schrieb:
>> luigi scarso wrote:
>>> New official release
>>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm
>>>
>>> (yes, I'm not sleeping...:) )
>> Mkiv fans should wait for the new luatex beta.
>>
> your hint comes too late ;)
>
> also (as a reminder): figure library support in mkiv is still in the
> 'pre DANTE meeting' state (which means it's broken)

could be related to luatex itself

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 12:05     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-03-11 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-03-11 11:42   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-03-11 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater schrieb:

> luigi scarso wrote:
>> New official release
>> http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm
>>
>> (yes, I'm not sleeping...:) )
>
> Mkiv fans should wait for the new luatex beta.

your hint comes too late ;)

also (as a reminder): figure library support in mkiv is still in the
'pre DANTE meeting' state (which means it's broken)

Peter

> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: New context release
@ 2008-03-11 10:11 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-03-11 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2008-03-11  9:29 luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-03-11  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

New official release

@ 2006-12-08 18:11                 ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2006-12-08 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I forgot to precise that I use (if it can help):
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.0-beta-20061017 (Web2C 7.5.5)
ConTeXt  ver: 2006.12.07 18:22 MK II  fmt: 2006.12.7  int: english/english
MetaPost 0.99 (Web2C 7.5.5)

* Re: new context release.
@ 2006-12-08 18:07               ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2006-12-08 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen a écrit :
> i've forgotten what it was; i did fix the mp related semi colon stuff didn't I?

Hi Hans,

You've add
\appendtoks
    \disablediscretionaries
    \disablecompoundcharacters
\to\everyMPgraphic
to meta-ini.tex

but the problem is persistent. Moreover, The following example raises
another class of problem induced by the use of the semicolon with \in:

\useencoding[ffr]
\mainlanguage[fr]

\starttext

text:\blank
text;\blank
text?\blank
text!\blank

A sample table is given: \in{tableau}[tab:mytab].

\placetable[here][tab:mytab]{Test}{
\bTABLE
\bTR
\bTD test \eTD
\bTD test \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE
}

\startuseMPgraphic{test}
numeric u;
u:=1cm;

draw origin--(10u,10u);
\stopuseMPgraphic

\useMPgraphic{test}

\stoptext

Renaud

* Re: new context release.
@ 2006-12-07 22:27             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-12-07 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud Aubin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've always the same old problem described in Re: [NTG-context] enco-ffr
> ? (03.12.2006 00:49), even with the latest ConTeXt...
> Is there a way to solve these problems (since it could be nice to me to
> be able to process my PhD dissertation, particularly to write about it...)

i've forgotten what it was; i did fix the mp related semi colon stuff didn't I?

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: new context release.
@ 2006-12-07 19:02           ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2006-12-07 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've always the same old problem described in Re: [NTG-context] enco-ffr
? (03.12.2006 00:49), even with the latest ConTeXt...
Is there a way to solve these problems (since it could be nice to me to
be able to process my PhD dissertation, particularly to write about it...)

TIA

Renaud

Taco Hoekwater a écrit :
>    Yep, I'll be waiting for some black magic ;-)
>
> There is a new current context that Hans uploaded just moments ago,
> that should fix the line wrapping problem with \quotations. There
> is some other stuff as well of course:
>
>    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2006.12.07
>
> has all the details.
>
> Best, Taco

* new context release.
@ 2006-12-07 18:11         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-12-07 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-06-22 19:27     ` Otared KAVIAN
From: Otared KAVIAN @ 2005-06-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/22/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> hm, this is related to the change of \dodefineunknownbodyfont, which you can
> change back to: (font-ini.tex)
>
> \def\dodefineunknownbodyfont#1#2% see ***
>    {\doifdefined{\s!default\s!default#2}% somehow related to */*
>       {\donetrue
>        \getvalue{\s!default\s!default#2}{#1}{#2}}}

Hi Hans,

Thank you very much for your quick answer: after changing font-ini.tex
and making again the formats, \setupbodyfont[24pt] (or whatever else)
works fine.

Cheers: OK

* Re: New context release
@ 2005-06-22 18:31   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-22 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared Kavian wrote:

> body fonts to other sizes than 10 (or 12?) points. Here is a minimal

10 11 12 14.4 17.3 .. or other defined bodyfont environments -)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: New context release
@ 2005-06-22 18:31   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-22 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Otared KAVIAN wrote:
> On 6/22/05, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I wanted to let you know that Hans has uploaded a new version
>>last night. This is a bug fix release, and you are advised to
>>upgrade your system as soon as possible. Release notes are on
>>the wiki, as usual:
>>
>>   http://contextgarden.net/Release_Notes
>>
>>Greetings, Taco
>

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you Hans and Taco for your efforts!
> I just installed the new version (with Gerben Wierda's i-Installer
> under Mac OS X 10.4).
> There is a problem with the fonts, since it seems impossible to setup
> body fonts to other sizes than 10 (or 12?) points. Here is a minimal
> example showing the issue:
>
> %% bug-fonts.tex
> \font\bigrm=cmr10 at 24pt
> \setupbodyfont[24pt]
> \starttext
> {\bigrm This is huge, thanks to Plain-\TeX\dots}
> \blank
> Is this huge? No, due to a bug in \ConTeXt\ 2005.06.21\dots
> \blank
> {\bigrm This is huge, thanks to Plain-\TeX\dots}
> \stoptext

hm, this is related to the change of \dodefineunknownbodyfont, which you can
change back to: (font-ini.tex)

\def\dodefineunknownbodyfont#1#2% see ***
   {\doifdefined{\s!default\s!default#2}% somehow related to */*
      {\donetrue
       \getvalue{\s!default\s!default#2}{#1}{#2}}}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: New context release
@ 2005-06-22 14:27 ` Otared KAVIAN
From: Otared KAVIAN @ 2005-06-22 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-06-22 14:18 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2005-06-22 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2005-06-22 11:40 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-06-22 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to let you know that Hans has uploaded a new version
> last night. This is a bug fix release, and you are advised to
> upgrade your system as soon as possible. Release notes are on
> the wiki, as usual:
>
>   http://contextgarden.net/Release_Notes

thanks,

right now i'm uploadign a beta release wit fixed utf vectors (adn new math
vectors); it's a beta because i want to be sure that it still is ok (there were
a few bugs in the greek and cyrillic ones; there is now also

\starttext

\showunicodevector{000}
\showunicodevector{001}
\showunicodevector{002}
\showunicodevector{003}
\showunicodevector{004}
\showunicodevector{005}
\showunicodevector{030}
\showunicodevector{031}
\showunicodevector{032}
\showunicodevector{033}
\showunicodevector{034}

\stoptext

(this also works correct with \chardef\utfunicodetracer=7 cum suis)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* New context release