* graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 14:15 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-19 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

this doesn't work any more (mkii and mkiv). Same error on
live.contextgarden.

I use pstoedit3.45 (updated today from 3.44) and the latest context/luatex.

% --------
\useMPlibrary[txt]

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startMPenvironment[global]
   \definefont[ONEfont]  [Sans at 40pt]
\stopMPenvironment

\startreusableMPgraphic{ONE}
graphictext "\ONEfont 1"
     withdrawcolor blue
     withfillcolor black
     withpen pencircle scaled 1pt ;
\stopreusableMPgraphic

\starttext
\null
\useMPgraphic{ONE}
\stoptext
% --------

Best wishes,

Peter

* Re: graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 15:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-19 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this doesn't work any more (mkii and mkiv). Same error on
> live.contextgarden.

ah, in mkiv i forget to pass the environment (different mechanism than
in mkii)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 16:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-19 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this doesn't work any more (mkii and mkiv). Same error on
> live.contextgarden.
>
> I use pstoedit3.45 (updated today from 3.44) and the latest context/luatex.

i uploaded a beta; from now on mpenvironments are only passed to
graphictexts because textexts are now doen internally and they are aware
of the current style; graphicstexts are still done externally (at least
the tex run, because we need a pdf file)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 16:47   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-19 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this doesn't work any more (mkii and mkiv). Same error on
>> live.contextgarden.
>>
>> I use pstoedit3.45 (updated today from 3.44) and the latest context/luatex.
>
> i uploaded a beta; from now on mpenvironments are only passed to
> graphictexts because textexts are now doen internally and they are aware
> of the current style; graphicstexts are still done externally (at least
> the tex run, because we need a pdf file)

this was really fast. thank you.

just tested. mkii still stops with the following error

----------
[..]
This is MetaPost, Version 1.003 (Web2C 7.5.6)
(r:/tex/texmf-mswin/web2c/natural.tcx)
(graphictext-mpgraph.mp
 >> savegraphictext
! Isolated expression.
<to be read again>
                    (
dographictext->...ntgraphictext+1;savegraphictext(

"\startTEXpage[scale=10000...
<to be read again>
                    withdrawcolor
l.149 withdrawcolor
                     blue
?
----------

mkiv now runs through and gives a pdf (but only outline in black instead
of blue; no fill at all).

this error message is part of the log:

----------
[..]
systems        : begin file graphictext at line 17
mplib          : loading format: metafun.mp, name:
r:/tex/luatex-cache/context/be74c9ce1715b7e02ccf1b16a39c2fc2/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem
report >> error: ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                    withdrawcolor
<*> ...:=5; graphictext "\ONEfont 1" withdrawcolor
                                                    blue withfillcolor
black ...

no-error
report >> error: (graphictext-mp.mpy)
! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                    withdrawcolor
<*> ...:=5; graphictext "\ONEfont 1" withdrawcolor
                                                    blue withfillcolor
black ...

no-error
fonts          : resetting map file list
[..]

* Re: graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 20:52     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-19 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:

> just tested. mkii still stops with the following error

ah, there is some code commented (left over from test)

> report >> error: ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
> <to be read again>
>                     withdrawcolor
> <*> ...:=5; graphictext "\ONEfont 1" withdrawcolor
>                                                     blue withfillcolor
> black ...

hm, was some vardef/def missery ... some day taco has to enlighten me on
that

new beta

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: graphictext broken
@ 2008-04-19 22:41       ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-19 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> just tested. mkii still stops with the following error
>
> ah, there is some code commented (left over from test)
>
>> report >> error: ! Extra tokens will be flushed.
>> <to be read again>
>>                     withdrawcolor
>> <*> ...:=5; graphictext "\ONEfont 1" withdrawcolor
>>                                                     blue withfillcolor
>> black ...
>
> hm, was some vardef/def missery ... some day taco has to enlighten me on
> that
>
> new beta

molto bene :)