From: Vit Zyka <vit.zyka@gmail.com>
To: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>, ConTeXt <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: new options for \setupinteractionscreen
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:39:32 +0200	[thread overview]

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>> Dear ConTeXters,
>>
>> for PDF document one can set /PageLayout. It is a mode in which reader
>> shows us pages (Single, Continous, Facing, ...). in ConTeXt one can set
>>
>>    \setupinteractionscreen[option=doublesided]
>>
>> which set layout /TwoColumnRight (understand two facing continuous
>> pages with odd pages on the right side). Since PDF 1.5 there is a
>> possibility to set 3 more layouts:
>>
>>    /TwoColumnLeft
>>    /TwoPageRight
>>    /TwoPageLeft
>>
>> I poropose to incorporate next lines of code to sources to enable
>> setting of these layouts
>>
>>    % double=facing, column=continuous, right|left=where odd page
>>    \setupinteractionscreen[
>>      option=doublecolumnleft,
>>      option=doublepageright,
>>      option=doublepageleft,
>>      option=doublecolumnright, % for compatibility = doublesided
>>      option=doublecolumn,      % for simplicity = doublecolumnright
>>      option=doublepage,        % for simplicity = doublepageright
>>    ]
>
> another option is (less new keywords)
>
> option={doublesided,left,continue} % any order

Much cleverer! But in this case there is a backward incompatibility

   {doublesided,continue} = current {doublesided}
   {doublesided} = would mean NONcontinuous

Actually whenever I wanted to use facing layout, I wanted NONcontinuous.
So I do not bother with this backward incompatibility. May be somebody
else do?

Vit