* new options for \setupinteractionscreen
@ 2008-04-19 13:58 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2008-04-19 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt

Dear ConTeXters,

for PDF document one can set /PageLayout. It is a mode in which reader
shows us pages (Single, Continous, Facing, ...). in ConTeXt one can set

   \setupinteractionscreen[option=doublesided]

which set layout /TwoColumnRight (understand two facing continuous pages
with odd pages on the right side). Since PDF 1.5 there is a possibility
to set 3 more layouts:

   /TwoColumnLeft
   /TwoPageRight
   /TwoPageLeft

I poropose to incorporate next lines of code to sources to enable
setting of these layouts

   % double=facing, column=continuous, right|left=where odd page
   \setupinteractionscreen[
     option=doublecolumnleft,
     option=doublepageright,
     option=doublepageleft,
     option=doublecolumnright, % for compatibility = doublesided
     option=doublecolumn,      % for simplicity = doublecolumnright
     option=doublepage,        % for simplicity = doublepageright
   ]

These names are derrived from curren naming convention (doublesided) and
PDF names. May be we can use more intuitive variants:
    option=facingright,
    option=facingleft,
    option=facingcontinuousright,
    option=facingcontinuousleft,

Sorry I know English and Czech interface only and for FDF driver. May be
somebody add more.

Vit

Proposal:
% mult-con.tex
\startvariables            dutch                     english
                            german                    czech
                            italian                   romanian
                            french

         doublecolumnright: doublecolumnright         doublecolumnright
                            doublecolumnright         dvasloupcevpravo
                            doublecolumnright         doublecolumnright
                            doublecolumnright
          doublecolumnleft: doublecolumnleft          doublecolumnleft
                            doublecolumnleft          dvasloupcevlevo
                            doublecolumnleft          doublecolumnleft
                            doublecolumnleft
              doublecolumn: doublecolumn              doublecolumn
                            doublecolumn              dvasloupce
                            doublecolumn              doublecolumn
                            doublecolumn
           doublepageright: doublepageright           doublepageright
                            doublepageright           dvestrankyvpravo
                            doublepageright           doublepageright
                            doublepageright
            doublepageleft: doublepageleft            doublepageleft
                            doublepageleft            dvestrankyvlevo
                            doublepageleft            doublepageleft
                            doublepageleft
                doublepage: doublepage                doublepage
                            doublepage                dvestranky
                            doublepage                doublepage
                            doublepage
\stopvariables

% core-int
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublecolumnright}{4} % compatibility
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublecolumnleft}{5}  % new
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublepageright}{6}   % new
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublepageleft}{7}    % new
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublecolumn}{4}      % compatibility
   \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublepage}{6}        % compatibility

% spec-fdf.tex
\def\doPDFsetupscreen#1#2#3#4#5#6% watch the extra argument
   {\bgroup
   \xdef\currentPDFpagemode
      {\ifnum#6=4
         /PageLayout /TwoColumnRight
       \else\ifnum#6=5
         /PageLayout /TwoColumnLeft
       \else\ifnum#6=6
         /PageLayout /TwoPageRight
       \else\ifnum#6=7
         /PageLayout /TwoPageLeft
       \else
         /PageMode \ifcase#6
         /UseNone\or/FullScreen\or/UseOutlines\else/UseNone\fi
       \fi\fi\fi\fi}%
    \xdef\currentPDFviewerprefs % space after #6 needed, else \relax
      {\ifcase#6 \or\or\else /ViewerPreferences << /FitWindow true >>\fi}%
    \egroup}

* Re: new options for \setupinteractionscreen
@ 2008-04-19 20:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-19 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Dear ConTeXters,
>
> for PDF document one can set /PageLayout. It is a mode in which reader
> shows us pages (Single, Continous, Facing, ...). in ConTeXt one can set
>
>    \setupinteractionscreen[option=doublesided]
>
> which set layout /TwoColumnRight (understand two facing continuous pages
> with odd pages on the right side). Since PDF 1.5 there is a possibility
> to set 3 more layouts:
>
>    /TwoColumnLeft
>    /TwoPageRight
>    /TwoPageLeft
>
> I poropose to incorporate next lines of code to sources to enable
> setting of these layouts
>
>    % double=facing, column=continuous, right|left=where odd page
>    \setupinteractionscreen[
>      option=doublecolumnleft,
>      option=doublepageright,
>      option=doublepageleft,
>      option=doublecolumnright, % for compatibility = doublesided
>      option=doublecolumn,      % for simplicity = doublecolumnright
>      option=doublepage,        % for simplicity = doublepageright
>    ]

another option is (less new keywords)

option={doublesided,left,continue} % any order

> [...]
>    \setvalue{\??sc\c!option\v!doublepage}{6}        % compatibility
>
> % spec-fdf.tex
> \def\doPDFsetupscreen#1#2#3#4#5#6% watch the extra argument
>    {\bgroup
>    \xdef\currentPDFpagemode
>       {\ifnum#6=4
>          /PageLayout /TwoColumnRight
>        \else\ifnum#6=5
>          /PageLayout /TwoColumnLeft
>        \else\ifnum#6=6
>          /PageLayout /TwoPageRight
>        \else\ifnum#6=7
>          /PageLayout /TwoPageLeft
>        \else
>          /PageMode \ifcase#6
>          /UseNone\or/FullScreen\or/UseOutlines\else/UseNone\fi
>        \fi\fi\fi\fi}%
>     \xdef\currentPDFviewerprefs % space after #6 needed, else \relax
>       {\ifcase#6 \or\or\else /ViewerPreferences << /FitWindow true >>\fi}%

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-04-20  7:39   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2008-04-20  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen, ConTeXt

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>> Dear ConTeXters,
>>
>> for PDF document one can set /PageLayout. It is a mode in which reader
>> shows us pages (Single, Continous, Facing, ...). in ConTeXt one can set
>>
>>    \setupinteractionscreen[option=doublesided]
>>
>> which set layout /TwoColumnRight (understand two facing continuous
>> pages with odd pages on the right side). Since PDF 1.5 there is a
>> possibility to set 3 more layouts:
>>
>>    /TwoColumnLeft
>>    /TwoPageRight
>>    /TwoPageLeft
>>
>> I poropose to incorporate next lines of code to sources to enable
>> setting of these layouts
>>
>>    % double=facing, column=continuous, right|left=where odd page
>>    \setupinteractionscreen[
>>      option=doublecolumnleft,
>>      option=doublepageright,
>>      option=doublepageleft,
>>      option=doublecolumnright, % for compatibility = doublesided
>>      option=doublecolumn,      % for simplicity = doublecolumnright
>>      option=doublepage,        % for simplicity = doublepageright
>>    ]
>
> another option is (less new keywords)
>
> option={doublesided,left,continue} % any order

Much cleverer! But in this case there is a backward incompatibility

   {doublesided,continue} = current {doublesided}
   {doublesided} = would mean NONcontinuous

Actually whenever I wanted to use facing layout, I wanted NONcontinuous.
So I do not bother with this backward incompatibility. May be somebody
else do?

Vit