* % in URL
@ 2008-04-22  2:00 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-04-22  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

I am trying to typeset a URL that has numerous “%”s in it which I am
replacing with “\%”s. The problem is that while the typeset URL works,
the printed URL is showing the “\%”s rather than just the “%”s.

For example,
\useURL
[Hoyrup2007bURL]
[{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
%7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
[]
[{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\
%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]

produces a link that works but reads as
http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
%7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF

I notice that “\&” behaves as it should in this context.

Any suggestions or pointers to a solution will be much appreciated.

I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2008.04.18 14:17 MKII .

Best, Alan

* Re: % in URL
@ 2008-04-22  6:14 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-22  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to typeset a URL that has numerous "%"s in it which I am
> replacing with "\%"s. The problem is that while the typeset URL works,
> the printed URL is showing the "\%"s rather than just the "%"s.
>
> For example,
> \useURL
> [Hoyrup2007bURL]
> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
> []
> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\
> %7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
>
> produces a link that works but reads as
> http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
>
> I notice that "\&" behaves as it should in this context.
>
> Any suggestions or pointers to a solution will be much appreciated.

You could write % just as % in your links.

\useURL
  [Hoyrup2007bURL]
  [http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005%7BR%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF]

\starttext
\from[Hoyrup2007bURL]
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: % in URL
@ 2008-04-22 11:30   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2008-04-22 11:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Again, many thanks, Wolfgang.

The key is to use \from rather than \goto. As for using just % in the
links,

\useURL
[Hoyrup2007bURL]
[{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005%7BR%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
}]
[]
[{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/\~{}jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\%7D1
\_Folkerts\_vol-1.PDF}]

works but looks odd, since TeXShop (my editor) puts everything from
the the first “%” on in the URL field (the 2nd field) in red
(indicating that it is commented out). Using “\%” in this field seems
to work too.

Very best, Alan

On Apr 22, 2008, at 02;14,05 , Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> I am trying to typeset a URL that has numerous "%"s in it which I am
>> replacing with "\%"s. The problem is that while the typeset URL
>> works,
>> the printed URL is showing the "\%"s rather than just the "%"s.
>>
>> For example,
>> \useURL
>> [Hoyrup2007bURL]
>> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
>> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
>> []
>> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\
>> %7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
>>
>> produces a link that works but reads as
>> http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
>> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
>>
>> I notice that "\&" behaves as it should in this context.
>>
>> Any suggestions or pointers to a solution will be much appreciated.
>
> You could write % just as % in your links.
>
> \useURL
>  [Hoyrup2007bURL]
>  [http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005%7BR%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
> ]
>
> \starttext
> \from[Hoyrup2007bURL]
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: % in URL
@ 2008-04-22 14:48     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-22 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Again, many thanks, Wolfgang.
>
> The key is to use \from rather than \goto. As for using just % in the
> links,
>
> \useURL
> [Hoyrup2007bURL]
> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005%7BR%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
> }]
> []
> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/\~{}jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\%7D1
> \_Folkerts\_vol-1.PDF}]
>
> works but looks odd, since TeXShop (my editor) puts everything from
> the the first “%” on in the URL field (the 2nd field) in red
> (indicating that it is commented out). Using “\%” in this field seems
> to work too.
>
> Very best, Alan
>
> On Apr 22, 2008, at 02;14,05 , Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 4:00 AM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> I am trying to typeset a URL that has numerous "%"s in it which I am
>>> replacing with "\%"s. The problem is that while the typeset URL
>>> works,
>>> the printed URL is showing the "\%"s rather than just the "%"s.
>>>
>>> For example,
>>> \useURL
>>> [Hoyrup2007bURL]
>>> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
>>> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
>>> []
>>> [{http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\%7BR\
>>> %7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF}]
>>>
>>> produces a link that works but reads as
>>> http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005\
>>> %7BR{\percent}7D1_Folkerts_vol-1.PDF
>>>
>>> I notice that "\&" behaves as it should in this context.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions or pointers to a solution will be much appreciated.
>> You could write % just as % in your links.
>>
>> \useURL
>>  [Hoyrup2007bURL]
>>  [http://www.akira.ruc.dk/~jensh/Publications/2005%7BR%7D1_Folkerts_vol-1..PDF
>> ]
>>
>> \starttext
>> \from[Hoyrup2007bURL]
>> \stoptext

\expanded{\whatever[messycode\letterpercent andmore]}

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Standalone chart
@ 2008-04-26 22:17 ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2008-04-26 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I am trying to make a standalone chart, a single graphic to be
included in a Latex file by a student. I have:

\startMPinclusions
\usemodule[chart]

\setupFLOWcharts
[option=test,
nx=4,
ny=3,
dx=2\bodyfontsize,
dy=2\bodyfontsize,
width=12\bodyfontsize,
height=7\bodyfontsize,
maxwidth=\textwidth]

\stopMPinclusions

\starttext

\startMPpage

\startFLOWchart[SIRS]
\stopFLOWchart

\FLOWchart[SIRS]

\stopMPpage

\stoptext

But I am getting the following error. Any suggestions?

systems         : system commands are disabled
(/usr/local/texlive/2007/../texmf-local/tex/context/base/pdfr-def.tex)
systems         : begin file SIRSchart at line 16
! Argument of \dotripletestempty has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                 \par
<to be read again>
                    }
\doifnextcharelse ...token =#1\def \!!stringa {#2}
                                                   \def \!!stringb
{#3}\futur...
<write> \usemodule
dx=2...=test,rts   [chart]
<inserted text>
                 }\endwrite
\nonowriteMPgraphicline ...te \write \MPwrite {#1}
                                                   \else \long \edef
\ascii {...
l.25 \stopMPpage

?

* Re: Standalone chart
@ 2008-04-26 22:57   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-26 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold schrieb:
> All,
>
> I am trying to make a standalone chart, a single graphic to be
> included in a Latex file by a student. I have:

%%% > \startMPinclusions
> \usemodule[chart]
>
> \setupFLOWcharts
> [option=test,
> nx=4,
> ny=3,
> dx=2\bodyfontsize,
> dy=2\bodyfontsize,
> width=12\bodyfontsize,
> height=7\bodyfontsize,
> maxwidth=\textwidth]

%%% > \stopMPinclusions

> \starttext

%%%  > \startMPpage
\startTEXpage

> \startFLOWchart[SIRS]
> \stopFLOWchart
>
> \FLOWchart[SIRS]

%%% > \stopMPpage
\stopTEXpage

> \stoptext
>
> But I am getting the following error. Any suggestions?

i never used flow charts, so this is just a guess...

HTH, Peter