* [NTG-context] Chemistry in LMTX
@ 2023-09-30 19:38 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-09-30 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to update https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry, since nearly
all of the links were dead, and I couldn’t find any documentation about
\chemical / \startchemical.

In the wiki page you can see that there’s still some working code for
chemistry, but it looks very broken.

ppchtex.mkiv is apparently still code from 1996 (and can’t work, since
neither PicTeX nor PStricks are supported in LMTX any more).

chem-str.lua seems to be an updated version by Alan & Hans

Did I miss something?

Hraban

* [NTG-context] Re: Chemistry in LMTX
@ 2023-09-30 20:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2023-09-30 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 9/30/2023 9:38 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I tried to update https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry, since nearly
> all of the links were dead, and I couldn’t find any documentation about
> \chemical / \startchemical.
>
> In the wiki page you can see that there’s still some working code for
> chemistry, but it looks very broken.
>
> ppchtex.mkiv is apparently still code from 1996 (and can’t work, since
> neither PicTeX nor PStricks are supported in LMTX any more).
>
> chem-str.lua seems to be an updated version by Alan & Hans
>
> Did I miss something?

work in progress ... i'm working on that (part of the math upgrade) so
best wait till we're stable

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* [NTG-context] Re: Chemistry in LMTX
@ 2023-10-01  8:49   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-10-01  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.09.23 um 22:04 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 9/30/2023 9:38 PM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> I tried to update https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chemistry, since
>> nearly all of the links were dead, and I couldn’t find any
>> documentation about \chemical / \startchemical.
>>
>> In the wiki page you can see that there’s still some working code for
>> chemistry, but it looks very broken.
>>
>> ppchtex.mkiv is apparently still code from 1996 (and can’t work, since
>> neither PicTeX nor PStricks are supported in LMTX any more).
>>
>> chem-str.lua seems to be an updated version by Alan & Hans
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> work in progress ... i'm working on that (part of the math upgrade) so
> best wait till we're stable

Ok, thank you

@ 2023-10-03  0:06     ` Alan Braslau via ntg-context
From: Alan Braslau via ntg-context @ 2023-10-03  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2023 10:49:34 +0200
Henning Hraban Ramm <texml@fiee.net> wrote:

> >> chem-str.lua seems to be an updated version by Alan & Hans
> >>
> >> Did I miss something?
> >
> > work in progress ... i'm working on that (part of the math upgrade)
> > so best wait till we're stable
>
> Ok, thank you

The current code is not very broken - I just used it extensively in a
book that was published. There are many quarks in its conception,
dating from the original MKII model.

Alan

* [NTG-context] Re: Chemistry in LMTX
@ 2023-10-03 14:35       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2023-10-03 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 03.10.23 um 02:06 schrieb Alan Braslau:

>>> work in progress ... i'm working on that (part of the math upgrade)
>>> so best wait till we're stable
>>
>> Ok, thank you
>
> The current code is not very broken - I just used it extensively in a
> book that was published. There are many quarks in its conception,
> dating from the original MKII model.

But the current syntax is not documented – at least the examples in the
wiki page don’t work any more. Can you fix them?

(I’m not really interested in chemistry myself, I just want to improve
the documentation – and also show, what ConTeXt can do.)

Hraban