* withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-04-28 14:20 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-28 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

there are some problems in combination with the 'withshade' operator in
mlib.

this must be patched in mp-mlib.mp (':=' instead of '='; too much lua ;)

vardef define_circular_shade (expr a, b, ra, rb, ca, cb) =
     _defined_cs_ := _defined_cs_ + 1 ;
     _defined_cs_pre_ [_defined_cs_] := "cs" ;
     _defined_cs_post_[_defined_cs_] := "0 1 " & decimal shadefactor & " " &
         colordecimals ca & " " & ddecimal (a shifted shadeoffset) & " "
& decimal ra & " " &
         colordecimals cb & " " & ddecimal (b shifted shadeoffset) & " "
& decimal rb ;
     _defined_cs_
enddef ;
vardef define_linear_shade (expr a, b, ca, cb) =
     _defined_cs_ := _defined_cs_ + 1 ;
     _defined_cs_pre_ [_defined_cs_] := "ls" ;
     _defined_cs_post_[_defined_cs_] := "0 1 " & decimal shadefactor & " " &
         colordecimals ca & " " & ddecimal (a shifted shadeoffset) & " "
         colordecimals cb & " " & ddecimal (b shifted shadeoffset) ;
     _defined_cs_
enddef ;

i still get an error after this patch, because '_defined_cs_' is not
increased somehow (donno why, not my day; cleared mem, remade formats).
_defined_cs_pre_0 is of course undefined.

[..]
report >> mp terminal: ! Missing argument to withshade.
<to be read again>
                    define_linear_shade
<*> ...,1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade
                                                   (p,1,red,blue); ;
 >> unknown string _defined_cs_pre_0
! Improper type.
<to be read again>
                    withpostscript
withshade->...fined_cs_pre_[(EXPR0)]withpostscript

._defined_cs_post_[(EXPR0)]
<to be read again>
                    define_linear_shade
<*> ...,1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade
                                                   (p,1,red,blue); ;
 >> _defined_cs_post_0define_linear_shade
! Improper type.
<to be read again>
                    (
<*> ...1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade(
                                                   p,1,red,blue); ;
! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                    (
<*> ...1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade(
                                                   p,1,red,blue); ;

report >> mp error: unknown, no error, terminal or log messages
[..]

here the test code:

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext

\null
\startMPcode
     path p;
     p:= unitsquare xyscaled(10cm,1cm);
     fill p withshade
     define_linear_shade(p,1,red,blue);
\stopMPcode

\stoptext

* Re: withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-04-28 17:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-28 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are some problems in combination with the 'withshade' operator in
> mlib.
>
> this must be patched in mp-mlib.mp (':=' instead of '='; too much lua ;)

indeed

> i still get an error after this patch, because '_defined_cs_' is not
> increased somehow (donno why, not my day; cleared mem, remade formats).
> _defined_cs_pre_0 is of course undefined.

did you delete the cont-en-metafun format in the cache?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-04-28 17:38   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-04-28 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> there are some problems in combination with the 'withshade' operator in
>> mlib.
>>
>> this must be patched in mp-mlib.mp (':=' instead of '='; too much lua ;)
>
> indeed
>

>> i still get an error after this patch, because '_defined_cs_' is not
>> increased somehow (donno why, not my day; cleared mem, remade formats).
>> _defined_cs_pre_0 is of course undefined.
>
> did you delete the cont-en-metafun format in the cache?

yes, several times. if it works for you, i just have bad luck. as said:
not my day..

>       tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                               | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-05-06 15:57     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-06 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Hans Hagen schrieb:
>> Peter Rolf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> there are some problems in combination with the 'withshade' operator in
>>> mlib.
>>>
>>> this must be patched in mp-mlib.mp (':=' instead of '='; too much lua ;)
>> indeed
>>

>>> i still get an error after this patch, because '_defined_cs_' is not
>>> increased somehow (donno why, not my day; cleared mem, remade formats).
>>> _defined_cs_pre_0 is of course undefined.
>> did you delete the cont-en-metafun format in the cache?
>>
> yes, several times. if it works for you, i just have bad luck. as said:
> not my day..

don't know if i'm still out of luck or if it's a general problem
(luatex trunc, context beta 03.05.2008).

there was also some 'hide' missing, but anyway i still get the same
error. code looks ok to me, but i'm no experienced mp programmer. maybe
a luatex/mplib problem with vardef grouping? i'm puzzled.

vardef define_linear_shade (expr a, b, ca, cb) =
     hide (_defined_cs_ := _defined_cs_ + 1 ;
         _defined_cs_pre_ [_defined_cs_] := "ls" ;
         _defined_cs_post_[_defined_cs_] := "0 1 " & decimal shadefactor
& " " &
             colordecimals ca & " " & ddecimal (a shifted shadeoffset) & " "
             colordecimals cb & " " & ddecimal (b shifted shadeoffset) )
     _defined_cs_
enddef ;

same for define_circular_shade...

% testfile ---------------------------------
% engine=luatex
\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext

\null
\startMPcode
     path p;
     p:= unitsquare xyscaled(10cm,1cm);
     fill p withshade
     define_linear_shade(p,1,red,blue);
\stopMPcode

\stoptext

% results in --------------------------------
[..]
systems        : begin file shade at line 3
mplib          : making format: metafun.mp, name:
r:/tex/luatex-cache/context/be74c9ce1715b7e02ccf1b16a39c2fc2/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem
mplib          : loading format: metafun.mp, name:
r:/tex/luatex-cache/context/be74c9ce1715b7e02ccf1b16a39c2fc2/formats/cont-en-metafun.mem
report >> mp terminal: ! Missing argument to withshade.
<to be read again>
                    define_linear_shade
<*> ...,1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade
                                                   (p,1,red,blue); ;
 >> unknown string _defined_cs_pre_0
! Improper type.
<to be read again>
                    withpostscript
withshade->...fined_cs_pre_[(EXPR0)]withpostscript

._defined_cs_post_[(EXPR0)]
<to be read again>
                    define_linear_shade
<*> ...,1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade
                                                   (p,1,red,blue); ;
 >> _defined_cs_post_0define_linear_shade
! Improper type.
<to be read again>
                    (
<*> ...1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade(
                                                   p,1,red,blue); ;
! Extra tokens will be flushed.
<to be read again>
                    (
<*> ...1cm); fill p withshade define_linear_shade(
                                                   p,1,red,blue); ;

report >> mp error: unknown, no error, terminal or log messages
fonts          : resetting map file list
[..]

any help welcome.

peter

* Re: withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-05-07 22:16       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-05-07 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:

> vardef define_linear_shade (expr a, b, ca, cb) =
>      hide (_defined_cs_ := _defined_cs_ + 1 ;
>          _defined_cs_pre_ [_defined_cs_] := "ls" ;
>          _defined_cs_post_[_defined_cs_] := "0 1 " & decimal shadefactor
> & " " &
>              colordecimals ca & " " & ddecimal (a shifted shadeoffset) & " "
>              colordecimals cb & " " & ddecimal (b shifted shadeoffset) )
>      _defined_cs_
> enddef ;
>
> same for define_circular_shade...
>
> % testfile ---------------------------------
> % engine=luatex
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \starttext
>
> \null
> \startMPcode
>      path p;
>      p:= unitsquare xyscaled(10cm,1cm);
>      fill p withshade
>      define_linear_shade(p,1,red,blue);
> \stopMPcode
>
> \stoptext

i uploaded a new beta but anyhow, your definition is wrong

\startMPcode
      path p;
      p:= unitsquare xyscaled (10cm,1cm) ;
      fill p withshade (define_linear_shade(llcorner p, urcorner
p,red,blue)) ;
\stopMPcode

so, the first two arguments are pairs

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: withshade (mlib)
@ 2008-05-08  7:12         ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-08  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:
> Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> vardef define_linear_shade (expr a, b, ca, cb) =
>>      hide (_defined_cs_ := _defined_cs_ + 1 ;
>>          _defined_cs_pre_ [_defined_cs_] := "ls" ;
>>          _defined_cs_post_[_defined_cs_] := "0 1 " & decimal shadefactor
>> & " " &
>>              colordecimals ca & " " & ddecimal (a shifted shadeoffset) & " "
>>              colordecimals cb & " " & ddecimal (b shifted shadeoffset) )
>>      _defined_cs_
>> enddef ;
>>
>> same for define_circular_shade...
>>
>> % testfile ---------------------------------
>> % engine=luatex
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \starttext
>>
>> \null
>> \startMPcode
>>      path p;
>>      p:= unitsquare xyscaled(10cm,1cm);
>>      fill p withshade
>>      define_linear_shade(p,1,red,blue);
>> \stopMPcode
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> i uploaded a new beta but anyhow, your definition is wrong
>
> \startMPcode
>       path p;
>       p:= unitsquare xyscaled (10cm,1cm) ;
>       fill p withshade (define_linear_shade(llcorner p, urcorner
> p,red,blue)) ;
> \stopMPcode
>
> so, the first two arguments are pairs

oeps. mea culpa :(

thanks for taking the time. the corrected example works with the latest
beta (and probably with any older versions too). and yes, i'm an idiot.

peter