Wolfgang Schuster wrote: >> \Mywordstyle is a font switch: >> \def\Mywordstyle #1 {\switchtobodyfont[GentiumItalics]{#1} \switchtobodyfont[Gentium]} >> > > Do you really want a font switch, isn't a style switch enough in your case > from roman to italic and back. Since I also need to be able to switch to a Non-Roman script I do need a font switch here (that's also the reason why I use XeTeX and MKII.) Anyway when I use \Mywordstyle inside the FormatSpan like this: [\XMLpar{span}{class}{}] [word=>\let\FormatSpan\Mywordstyle, defenition=>\let\FormatSpan\Mywordstyle, xlanguagetag=>\let\FormatSpan\Mywordstyle]% the font change is applied to the "word" and "xlanguagetag"-items, but not to the definition-item!?(see attachment) Any idea why and how to solve this? (And it looks like there is some unwanted extra space inserted between the "word" and "xlanguagetag" as well.) Jelle