* figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-13 14:56 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-13 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
the definition of a lucky man ;)

Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
(luatex 0.25.2).

% engine=luatex
\starttext
\externalfigure[notfound.png]
\stoptext

results here in

[..]
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\BeforeGroup ...medparameter \c!backgroundscreen }
                                                   \bgroup \aftergroup
\After...
<argument> ...amedparameter \c!backgroundscreen ]{
                                                   \dofilledbox }
\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\next1 ...d {\??ov \currentbackground }\donothing
                                                   }}}\wd \extraframebox
\zer...
\rawprocesscommaitem ...commalevel \endcsname {#1}
                                                   \expandafter
\rawprocessco...
l.9

Regards, Peter

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-13 15:28 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-05-13 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On May 13, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
> the definition of a lucky man ;)
>
> Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
> (luatex 0.25.2).

Nope, no problem here. Are you running luatex 0.25.3? That's what I
have here.

Thomas

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-13 15:54   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-13 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb:
> On May 13, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
>> the definition of a lucky man ;)
>>
>> Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
>> (luatex 0.25.2).
>
> Nope, no problem here. Are you running luatex 0.25.3? That's what I
> have here.

thanks Thomas for testing. same version here (but maybe trunk).

This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-snapshot-0.25.3-2008050622-2.2 (Web2C
7.5.6) kpathsea version 3.5.6

so it looks more like a local problem (a strange one) :(

more investigations after zappa ;)

> Thomas

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-13 16:45     ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-13 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf schrieb:
> Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb:
>> On May 13, 2008, at 4:56 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
>>> the definition of a lucky man ;)
>>>
>>> Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
>>> (luatex 0.25.2).
>> Nope, no problem here. Are you running luatex 0.25.3? That's what I
>> have here.
>>
> thanks Thomas for testing. same version here (but maybe trunk).
>
> This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-snapshot-0.25.3-2008050622-2.2 (Web2C
> 7.5.6) kpathsea version 3.5.6
>
> so it looks more like a local problem (a strange one) :(
>
> more investigations after zappa ;)

first of all: zappa was delicious :)

now the news
- no problems with the 0.25.3 release
- same error with yesterdays trunk

this is a really a strange (but interesting) bug. anyhow nothing i can
fix...

Best wishes, Peter

>> Thomas

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-13 16:53       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-05-13 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Peter Rolf schrieb:
>> Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb:

>>> Nope, no problem here. Are you running luatex 0.25.3? That's what I
>>> have here.
>>>
>> thanks Thomas for testing. same version here (but maybe trunk).
>>
>> This is luaTeX, Version 3.141592-snapshot-0.25.3-2008050622-2.2 (Web2C
>> 7.5.6) kpathsea version 3.5.6
>>
>> so it looks more like a local problem (a strange one) :(
>>
>> more investigations after zappa ;)
>>
> first of all: zappa was delicious :)
>
> now the news
> - no problems with the 0.25.3 release

stick to that release, there is a serious bug someplace in later versions

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* luatex trunk broken (Re: figure not found box (mkiv))
@ 2008-05-15  7:58         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-15  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

Hans Hagen wrote:
>> now the news
>> - no problems with the 0.25.3 release
>
> stick to that release, there is a serious bug someplace in later versions

Thanks for the nice small test file :-)

Just in case there are any people who have not noticed yet:
The luatex trunk is broken at the moment, stay away from it.

I'll try to fix that asap, but I have been offline for two
days (due to network disturbances) so I have quite a bit of
catching up to do.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: luatex trunk broken (Re: figure not found box (mkiv))
@ 2008-05-15  8:29           ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-15  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>> now the news
>>> - no problems with the 0.25.3 release
>> stick to that release, there is a serious bug someplace in later versions
>
> Thanks for the nice small test file :-)

you're welcome

> Just in case there are any people who have not noticed yet:
> The luatex trunk is broken at the moment, stay away from it.
>
> I'll try to fix that asap, but I have been offline for two
> days (due to network disturbances) so I have quite a bit of
> catching up to do.

no need to hurry from my side. there are several other issues to fix
here (just starting with mlib tests).

best wishes, peter

> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-16  8:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-16  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
> the definition of a lucky man ;)
>
> Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
> (luatex 0.25.2).

This bug (and the stability problem with TRUNK) should be fixed now.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: figure not found box (mkiv)
@ 2008-05-16  9:46   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-05-16  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater schrieb:

> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> one problem fixed, the next one is knocking on the door. This must be
>> the definition of a lucky man ;)
>>
>> Can anybody try the following code? Mhh, no problems on 'context live'
>> (luatex 0.25.2).
>
> This bug (and the stability problem with TRUNK) should be fixed now.

this was fast. thank you taco!
if possible i'll switch back to the trunk version tommorrow (22:00 jst)
when i get my hands on akira's new windows binaries. :)

best wishes, peter