* Keeping a block of text together, without breaking footnotes, etc.
@ 2008-05-16  5:14 Daniel Pittman
From: Daniel Pittman @ 2008-05-16  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

G'day.

As part of a document I am laying out I have a number of blocks of text
that I want to keep together on a single page -- either all before a
page break or all after it.

I can achieve this using a \vbox, but that has the fairly undesirable
property of also preventing footnotes and, presumably, other ConTeXt
layout from working as expected.

What is the most effective way to achieve this?

A good example of what I want follows; in this I want the entire contact
form there kept as a single block, not split over pages.  The same sort
of situation comes up with some explanatory paragraphs and a yes/no
question section of the form.

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}
{\bf Contact Details}
\starttabulate[|l|p|]
\NC Name:             \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Address:          \NC \thinrules[n=3] \NC \AR
\NC Postcode:         \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Email:            \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Alternate Email:  \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Phone (BH):       \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Phone (AH):       \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\NC Mobile:           \NC \thinrule \NC \AR
\stoptabulate
\starttabulate[|p|l|]
\NC Can this contact authorise work?       \NC YES / NO \NC \AR
\NC Can this contact authorise changes to this agreement?   \NC YES / NO \NC \AR
\NC Can we contact this person in an emergency?    \NC YES / NO \NC \AR
\stoptabulate
\par}
\stoptext

I would rather have under-full pages than split the blocks of text --
and I definitely want to preserve the ability to insert footnotes into
the running text, to clarify some of the terms or options.

Regards,
        Daniel

* Re: Keeping a block of text together, without breaking footnotes, etc.
@ 2008-05-16 10:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-16 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Daniel Pittman wrote:
> G'day.
>
> As part of a document I am laying out I have a number of blocks of text
> that I want to keep together on a single page -- either all before a
> page break or all after it.
>
> I can achieve this using a \vbox, but that has the fairly undesirable
> property of also preventing footnotes and, presumably, other ConTeXt
> layout from working as expected.
>
> What is the most effective way to achieve this?

\startframedtext[...]
\stopframedtext

Best wishes,
Taco