* bug with hyphenatedurl
@ 2008-05-21 15:58 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-05-21 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

please have a look at the following minimal example (ran with mkii):

->

\usetypescript[postscript][\defaultencoding]
\setupencoding[default=texnansi]
\enableregime[utf]

Test text\footnote{{Z4300, Stand: 1.{|DuennRaum|}Januar\;2002,
einsehbar unter \hyphenatedurl{http://www.thw.de/thw‑inland/
grundlagen/rechtsgrundlagen/abr\_rili.htm}}}

\stoptext

<-

Just shortly before handing the PDF to the printer I saw that the part
"thw‑inland" surprisingly became "thw\dochar␣{45}inland" (at least
on my machine)!

Is there a fix?

Steffen

* Re: bug with hyphenatedurl
@ 2008-05-21 17:17 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-05-21 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please have a look at the following minimal example (ran with mkii):
>
> ->
>
> \usetypescript[postscript][\defaultencoding]
> \setupencoding[default=texnansi]
> \enableregime[utf]
>
> Test text\footnote{{Z4300, Stand: 1.{|DuennRaum|}Januar\;2002,
> einsehbar unter \hyphenatedurl{http://www.thw.de/thw‑inland/
> grundlagen/rechtsgrundlagen/abr\_rili.htm}}}
>
> \stoptext
>
> <-
>
> Just shortly before handing the PDF to the printer I saw that the part
> "thw‑inland" surprisingly became "thw\dochar␣{45}inland" (at least
> on my machine)!
>
> Is there a fix?

Using U+002D instead of U+2011 in the url will remove the symptom
(of course). There is a problem with active characters inside
\hyphenatedurl but frankly I find that hardly surprising.

Hans or Wolfgang will without doubt come up with a nice solution,
but as usual, here is a bizarre (yet working) hack from me:

   \enableregime[utf]
   \everyhyphenatedurl{\def\softhyphen{-}}

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: bug with hyphenatedurl
@ 2008-05-21 19:48   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-05-21 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please have a look at the following minimal example (ran with mkii):
>>
>> ->
>>
>> \usetypescript[postscript][\defaultencoding]
>> \setupencoding[default=texnansi]
>> \enableregime[utf]
>>
>> Test text\footnote{{Z4300, Stand: 1.{|DuennRaum|}Januar\;2002,
>> einsehbar unter \hyphenatedurl{http://www.thw.de/thw‑inland/
>> grundlagen/rechtsgrundlagen/abr\_rili.htm}}}
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> <-
>>
>> Just shortly before handing the PDF to the printer I saw that the part
>> "thw‑inland" surprisingly became "thw\dochar␣{45}inland" (at least
>> on my machine)!
>>
>> Is there a fix?
>
> Using U+002D instead of U+2011 in the url will remove the symptom
> (of course). There is a problem with active characters inside
> \hyphenatedurl but frankly I find that hardly surprising.
>
> Hans or Wolfgang will without doubt come up with a nice solution,
> but as usual, here is a bizarre (yet working) hack from me:
>
>    \enableregime[utf]
>    \everyhyphenatedurl{\def\softhyphen{-}}

\appendtoks
   % ones personal cleanup definitions