* split cells ? world lost !
@ 2008-05-30 15:37 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-05-30 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

hope the answer to my question is not too obvious: How do I split not
only TABLE but cells?

Please, have a look at this minimal:

\starttext
\bTABLE[split=yes,option=stretch]
\bTR
\bTD
\input tufte \input knuth Hello world ...
\eTD
\bTD
\input tufte
\eTD
\bTD
\input knuth
\eTD
\eTR
\bTR
\bTD
Test
\eTD
\bTD
Test
\eTD
\bTD
Test
\eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE
\stoptext

(Hello) world lost?

Thanks,

Steffen

* Re: split cells ? world lost !
@ 2008-05-30 17:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-05-30 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope the answer to my question is not too obvious: How do I split not
> only TABLE but cells?
>
> Please, have a look at this minimal:
>
> \starttext
> \bTABLE[split=yes,option=stretch]
> \bTR
> \bTD
> \input tufte \input knuth Hello world ...
> \eTD
> \bTD
> \input tufte
> \eTD
> \bTD
> \input knuth
> \eTD
> \eTR
> \bTR
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \eTR
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext

not possible

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: split cells ? world lost !
@ 2008-05-31 10:32 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-31 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Steffen Wolfrum <context@st.estfiles.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> hope the answer to my question is not too obvious: How do I split not
> only TABLE but cells?
>
> Please, have a look at this minimal:
>
> \starttext
> \bTABLE[split=yes,option=stretch]
> \bTR
> \bTD
> \input tufte \input knuth Hello world ...
> \eTD
> \bTD
> \input tufte
> \eTD
> \bTD
> \input knuth
> \eTD
> \eTR
> \bTR
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \bTD
> Test
> \eTD
> \eTR
> \eTABLE
> \stoptext

You could use tabulate, it supports splitting of the content
but you have to set \setuptabulate[split=yes], the default
value split=auto did not work in this case.

\starttext
\setuptabulate[split=yes]
\starttabulate[|p|p|]
\NC \dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par} \NC \dorecurse{5}{\input tufte\par} \NC\NR
\stoptabulate
\stoptext

Greetings
Wolfgang