* problem with layer: corner doesn't work
@ 2008-06-15 16:31 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2008-06-15 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

still working on the CD Design, I tried to understand the layer mechanism.
After some reading and trying I have found a problem with the
parameter 'corner'.  The following setting doesn't work with the corner
parameter but only with numeric placement of the reference point:

% engine=luatex

\setuppapersize[CD][A4]
\setuppagenumbering
  [location=,state=stop]
\showframe[edge]
\setuplayout[location=middle]

\definelayer
  [layer1]
  [width=\paperheight,heigth=\paperheight]

\setupbackgrounds
  [page]
  [background=layer1]

\starttext

\startstandardmakeup

\setlayerframed
  [layer1]
  [corner={left,bottom},
  %x=0cm,y=\paperheight,
  location={right,top}]
  [width=.5\paperwidth,
  height=.5\paperheight,
  background=screen]
  {BLOCK 1}
\setlayerframed
  [layer1]
  [corner={right,top},
  location={left,bottom}]
  [width=.5\paperwidth,
  height=.5\paperheight,
  background=screen]
  {BLOCK 2}

\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

I use a current context-minimal and have made an update today. The luatex
version is:
> luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.25.3-2008052302
This is build 0, created on 20080410T143312Z

Context is:
  ConTeXt  ver: 2008.06.11 22:25 MKIV  fmt: 2008.6.15  int: english/english

What is wrong here?
Uwe Koloska

* Re: problem with layer: corner doesn't work
@ 2008-06-15 20:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-15 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Koloska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> still working on the CD Design, I tried to understand the layer mechanism.
> After some reading and trying I have found a problem with the
> parameter 'corner'.  The following setting doesn't work with the corner
> parameter but only with numeric placement of the reference point:

hm, same output for pdftex and luatex (two blocke next to each other)

btw,

preset=lefttop,

is easier

Hans

ps. screens don't seem to work in mkiv but since you didn't report that ...

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-06-15 22:36   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2008-06-15 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans,

Am Sonntag, 15. Juni 2008 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> ps. screens don't seem to work in mkiv but since you didn't report that ...

For me 'screen' do work. And with the live-context on the garden they work,
too. (See the attached PDF)

Uwe

[-- Attachment #2: layertest.pdf --]

* Re: problem with layer: corner doesn't work
@ 2008-06-15 23:40     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-15 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Koloska wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> Am Sonntag, 15. Juni 2008 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> ps. screens don't seem to work in mkiv but since you didn't report that ...
>
> For me 'screen' do work. And with the live-context on the garden they work,
> too. (See the attached PDF)

sure, they work, but in pdftex/mkii one has to enable color explicitly

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-06-16  9:46 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-16  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Uwe Koloska <ml@koloro.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> still working on the CD Design, I tried to understand the layer mechanism.
> After some reading and trying I have found a problem with the
> parameter 'corner'.  The following setting doesn't work with the corner
> parameter but only with numeric placement of the reference point:

Another way to get the same result, to get the layout on a A4 page you
have to set extra values for TEXpage.

\setuppapersize[CD][CD]

\starttext

\startTEXpage
%\startTEXpage[width=210mm,height=297mm,align={middle,lohi}]
\bTABLE[width=.5\paperwidth,height=.5\paperheight,align={middle,lohi}]
  \bTR
    \bTD[background=screen,m=2] BLOCK 2 \eTD
  \eTR
  \bTR
    \bTD[background=screen] BLOCK 1 \eTD
  \eTR
\eTABLE
\stopTEXpage

\stoptext

But layers are more fun and you have more control over the layout.

Wolfgang