* Empty page at the end of document
@ 2008-06-17 22:53 Tomi Lindberg
From: Tomi Lindberg @ 2008-06-17 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

After reading Wiki and searching this list I still have problems with the
additional empty page appearing at the end of my document. This only
happens when that said extra page would make the document to have even
number of pages but as my document is meant to be singlesided I see no
reason why it would be required to have an even number of pages.

Here's my product file (in environment loaded in project there is a line
"\setupsectionblock[backpart][page=]":

\startproduct book

\project atkmom

\component images

\startfrontmatter
     \environment fmatter
     \completecontent
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter
     \environment body
     \component intro
     \component osbasics
\stopbodymatter

\startbackmatter
     \completeindex[title=Hakemisto]
\stopbackmatter

\stopproduct

So is there any way to get rid off that extra page in documents that would
otherwise be odd pages long?

--
Thanks,
Tomi Lindberg

* Re: Empty page at the end of document
@ 2008-06-18  6:21 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-06-18  6:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Tomi Lindberg <tomi.lindberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> After reading Wiki and searching this list I still have problems with the
> additional empty page appearing at the end of my document. This only
> happens when that said extra page would make the document to have even
> number of pages but as my document is meant to be singlesided I see no
> reason why it would be required to have an even number of pages.

Use LuaTeX, the problem is fixed here.

If you need MkII add the following line to your file:

\setupsectionblock[backpart][before=\let\resetmark\gobbleoneargument]

It can give unwanted side effects when your index has more than one page.

> Here's my product file (in environment loaded in project there is a line
> "\setupsectionblock[backpart][page=]":
>
> \startproduct book
>
> \project atkmom
>
> \component images
>
> \startfrontmatter
>     \environment fmatter
>     \completecontent
> \stopfrontmatter
>
> \startbodymatter
>     \environment body
>     \component intro
>     \component osbasics
> \stopbodymatter
>
> \startbackmatter
>     \completeindex[title=Hakemisto]
> \stopbackmatter
>
> \stopproduct
>

> So is there any way to get rid off that extra page in documents that would
> otherwise be odd pages long?

Wolfgang

* Re: Empty page at the end of document
@ 2008-06-18  7:37   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-18  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 12:53 AM, Tomi Lindberg <tomi.lindberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>> After reading Wiki and searching this list I still have problems with the
>> additional empty page appearing at the end of my document. This only
>> happens when that said extra page would make the document to have even
>> number of pages but as my document is meant to be singlesided I see no
>> reason why it would be required to have an even number of pages.
>
> Use LuaTeX, the problem is fixed here.
>
> If you need MkII add the following line to your file:

it has to do with pending write nodes and such

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-06-20  1:53   ` Tomi Lindberg
From: Tomi Lindberg @ 2008-06-20  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

2008/6/18, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:

> Use LuaTeX, the problem is fixed here.

I'm currently using MiKTeX which doesn't have LuaTeX integrated yet.
Is there a way to make LuaTeX work with it or would it be easiest to
go with minimal ConTeXt instead (or along)? My OS is Windows XP as it
most probably matters when deciding between available tools.

@ 2008-06-20  7:36     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-20  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tomi Lindberg wrote:
> 2008/6/18, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>:
>> Use LuaTeX, the problem is fixed here.
>
> I'm currently using MiKTeX which doesn't have LuaTeX integrated yet.
> Is there a way to make LuaTeX work with it or would it be easiest to
> go with minimal ConTeXt instead (or along)? My OS is Windows XP as it
> most probably matters when deciding between available tools.

mkiv has its own file database, so when you have a texmf.cnf and set up
a few env vars it could work; but it takes testing

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE