* bug in context/luatex
@ 2008-06-21  4:17 Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-06-21  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Hans:

pdftex and LuaTeX produce different results with the following source
file. Please check.
I dont know whether it is a bug in ConTeXt  or LuaTeX.

\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
\usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[lucida,12pt]
\starttext
`hello'
\stoptext

I use the tfms/map zip you attached in the mailing list together with
the font bought from TUG.
If there is something wrong with my installtion, let me know.

Yue Wang

* Re: bug in context/luatex
@ 2008-06-21  6:51 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-06-21  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi, Hans:
>
> pdftex and LuaTeX produce different results with the following source
> file. Please check.

Whatever it is exactly (no lbr on my home machine so I can not try),
this is likely a problem with context mkiv, not the luatex engine.

Mkiv usually reads afm files and reencodes the font to (partial)
unicode, instead of using the traditional tfm files. You could
experiment with

   \ctxlua { fonts.define.method = 2 }

at the very top of your file.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: [Dev-luatex] bug in context/luatex
@ 2008-06-22 14:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-22 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> Hi, Hans:
>
> pdftex and LuaTeX produce different results with the following source
> file. Please check.
> I dont know whether it is a bug in ConTeXt  or LuaTeX.
>
> \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
> \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[lucida,12pt]
> \starttext
> `hello'
> \stoptext
>
> I use the tfms/map zip you attached in the mailing list together with
> the font bought from TUG.
> If there is something wrong with my installtion, let me know.

these old time hacks are gone in mkiv

the only remapping supported is (replacement feature trep)

tfm.characters[0x0027] = tfm.characters[0x2019]

so, use \quote {...} or otherwise the right unicode characters

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE