* pdfobj runtime question
@ 2008-06-23 13:38 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-06-23 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i'm currently struggling with some basic runtime problems in luatex.

are there any rules for directly writing a pdf object? in context this
is only done in the tex part.
especially what pitfalls are there, if you do it in the lua part of the
code ( tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,"\\immediate\\pdfobj{}")) ) and use
"\the\pdflastobj" (tex or lua) to reference that object?

and what must be done to make sure that things are done immediatly (in
lua), so that one ore more switches between lua<-->tex always uses the
right obj number? i already noticed that you have to use separated lua
code for 'creation' and 'reference' (different chunks).

any help welcome.

regards, peter

* Re: pdfobj runtime question
@ 2008-06-23 14:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-06-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm currently struggling with some basic runtime problems in luatex.
>
> are there any rules for directly writing a pdf object? in context this
> is only done in the tex part.
> especially what pitfalls are there, if you do it in the lua part of the
> code ( tex.sprint(tex.ctxcatcodes,"\\immediate\\pdfobj{}")) ) and use
> "\the\pdflastobj" (tex or lua) to reference that object?

should be ok if you so it in sequence

that kind of backend stuff is kind of long term dev in luatex, we're
experimenting with things but this year you will not see such an
interface; some internals need to be changed/cleaned up etc etc

> and what must be done to make sure that things are done immediatly (in
> lua), so that one ore more switches between lua<-->tex always uses the
> right obj number? i already noticed that you have to use separated lua
> code for 'creation' and 'reference' (different chunks).

just use the obj interface of context then (see spec-tpd for usage, obj
references and such)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE