* searchable cyrillic in PDF files
@ 2008-06-27 23:34 Oleg Kolosov
From: Oleg Kolosov @ 2008-06-27 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Oleg Kolosov wrote:
>
>> Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> pdftex does it itself (i.e. create the vectors) using pdfr-def.tex
>>> (unless i did something wrong)
>>>
>>> Hans
>>>

>> It's unlikely. I've tested it with minimal file and english text is
>> indeed searchable, but cyrillic is not, with copy-paste I get some
>> strange symbols. I'm using type1 fonts from PSCyr package with my own
>> typescript, does this matter? I've attached  typescript file just in
>> case (it's still incomplete but works fine for me). Maybe I miss some
>> definition or option? BTW cyrillic in PDF TOC works fine (with inclusion
>> of spec-tst.tex).
>>

> can you check if the file has the right entris for your font?
>
>     pdfr-def.tex
>
> the old mechanism is obsolete so pdfr-t2a will not do anything
>
> Hans

Codes seem to be in place but doesn't match actual font in T2A encoding.
For ex. I have cyrillic capital a in font on 00C1 where in pdfr-def this
is Aacute. According to enco-utf my 00C1 in font should map to 0410
position (I hope this is understandable description). Maybe there is
some switch to enable such mapping? I don't understand these
encoding/mapping issues enough to create necessary table myself. Maybe
you can provide some example, so I will be able to help?

P. S. Sorry for late response.

--
Best Regards,
Oleg Kolosov