* bib module and interaction
@ 2008-07-14  3:56 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-14  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I cannot find an option to enable interaction with the bib module. I want
\cite[ref] to create a forward link to the bibliography where the
reference appears. Is this supported by t-bib?

Aditya

* Re: bib module and interaction
@ 2008-07-14  7:03 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-07-14  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.07.2008 um 05:56 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot find an option to enable interaction with the bib module. I
> want
> \cite[ref] to create a forward link to the bibliography where the
> reference appears. Is this supported by t-bib?

\setupcite[interaction=start]

Wolfgang

* Re: bib module and interaction
@ 2008-07-14 12:59   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-14 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 14.07.2008 um 05:56 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I cannot find an option to enable interaction with the bib module. I
>> want
>> \cite[ref] to create a forward link to the bibliography where the
>> reference appears. Is this supported by t-bib?
>
> \setupcite[interaction=start]

Does not work. Looking at t-bib, it seems that this makes the url and doi
insite the references interactive, but not the output of \cite command.
For example,

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\usemodule[bib]
\setupcite[interaction=start]
\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={ABFG{\etalchar{+}}93},totalnumber=220]

\startpublication[k=test,t=article,
a={{Ahlswede},{}},y=2000,
n=1,s=ACLY00]
\artauthor[]{R.}[R.]{}{Ahlswede}
\artauthor[]{Ning}[N.]{}{Cai}
\artauthor[]{S.~Y.~R.}[S.~Y.~R.]{}{Li}
\artauthor[]{R.~W.}[R.~W.]{}{Yeung}
\pubyear{2000}
\arttitle{Network information flow}
\journal{{IEEE} Trans. Inf. Theory}
\issn{0018-9448}
\volume{46}
\issue{4}
\pages{1204--1216}
\month{7}
\stoppublication

\starttext
Checking publication~\cite[test]

\placepublications
\stoptext

* Re: bib module and interaction
@ 2008-07-14 13:21     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-07-14 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>
>> Am 14.07.2008 um 05:56 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I cannot find an option to enable interaction with the bib module. I
>>> want
>>> \cite[ref] to create a forward link to the bibliography where the
>>> reference appears. Is this supported by t-bib?
>> \setupcite[interaction=start]
>
> Does not work. Looking at t-bib, it seems that this makes the url and doi
> insite the references interactive, but not the output of \cite command.

You have to turn off the compress feature:

   \setupcite[interaction=start, compress=no]

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: bib module and interaction
@ 2008-07-14 13:39       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-14 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> \setupcite[interaction=start]
>>
>> Does not work. Looking at t-bib, it seems that this makes the url and doi
>> insite the references interactive, but not the output of \cite command.
>
> You have to turn off the compress feature:
>
>   \setupcite[interaction=start, compress=no]

Thanks.

@ 2008-07-15 14:48       ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-07-15 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>>> \setupcite[interaction=start]
>>
>> Does not work. Looking at t-bib, it seems that this makes the url and doi
>> insite the references interactive, but not the output of \cite command.
>
> You have to turn off the compress feature:
>
>   \setupcite[interaction=start, compress=no]

How about redefining \docite as follows

\def\docite[#1][#2]%
   {\begingroup
    \setupinteraction[\c!style=\bibalternative\c!style,
                      \c!color=\bibalternative\c!color]%
    % Rest of the defn}%

This way, it will be possible to change the color and style of references
when interaction is on using

\setupcite[color=darkgreen,style=normal]

What do you think?

@ 2008-07-16  7:19         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-07-16  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> How about redefining \docite as follows

> This way, it will be possible to change the color and style of references
> when interaction is on using
>
> \setupcite[color=darkgreen,style=normal]
>
> What do you think?

Sure, can do.