* setupMMLappearance
@ 2008-07-19 13:31 Duncan Hothersall
From: Duncan Hothersall @ 2008-07-19 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello.

I am used to using
\setupMMLappearance[mtable][alternative=a|b|c]
to change the way the mathml module treats mtable alignments. I've just
discovered it no longer seems to have any effect.

What I need to set up is an alignment where the first column of an
mtable is right-aligned (ragged left), the second is centred, and the
third is left-aligned (ragged right). But I keep getting the first
column left-aligned, which makes multi-line equations look awful.

Is there a new mechanism for setting these alignments? It looked like it
from reading newmml, but there don't seem to be any examples of usage.
Can someone help?

Secondary question: how can I increase the gap between rows in an mtable
- at the moment they are very squashed.

Sample code follows - produces ugly output on the garden:

\usemodule[newmml]
\setupMMLappearance[mtable][alternative=b]
\starttext
\startXMLdata
number of days to turn inventory into
\stopXMLdata
\stoptext

I'm using mk II.

Thanks very much,

Duncan

* Re: setupMMLappearance
@ 2008-07-19 21:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-07-19 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Duncan Hothersall wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am used to using
> \setupMMLappearance[mtable][alternative=a|b|c]
> to change the way the mathml module treats mtable alignments. I've just
> discovered it no longer seems to have any effect.

the current mathml module uses the second implementation (mkiv) or the
third one (mkiv)

you might want to load the xtag: xtag-mml

> What I need to set up is an alignment where the first column of an
> mtable is right-aligned (ragged left), the second is centred, and the
> third is left-aligned (ragged right). But I keep getting the first
> column left-aligned, which makes multi-line equations look awful.

hm, the mkiv module is supposed to support the attributes

in any case, just collect examples and i'll see what i can do

(in principle the mkii module is frozen and i will improve the mkiv one
which is just in its first incarnation and to some extend already
supports mathml 3)

> Is there a new mechanism for setting these alignments? It looked like it
> from reading newmml, but there don't seem to be any examples of usage.
> Can someone help?

just the setup command or attributes

> Secondary question: how can I increase the gap between rows in an mtable
> - at the moment they are very squashed.
>
> Sample code follows - produces ugly output on the garden:

> I'm using mk II.

i guessed as much

anyway, collect examples an di'll look into it when i'm back from the
tug conference

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE