* Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-02 17:21 Eric DÉTREZ
From: Eric DÉTREZ @ 2008-08-02 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello

I'm trying to switch from plain TeX (with my own set of macros) to
ConTeXt.
I bought the Lucida fonts and I wish ti use them.
I don't find how to do this on my Mac-Live with TexShop install.

I promise I've read anything I could find on the ConTeXt wiki.

Thank's by advance.

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  6:38 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-08-03  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Eric:

You should have all the tfms generated.
The attachment is all the file you need except the pfbs.
extract it to texmf-fonts directory, and mkdir texmf-fonts/fonts/type1
copy all the pfb type1 files there,
and run texhash.

done.

sample file :

\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
\usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
\setupbodyfont[lucida,12pt]

Yue Wang

[-- Attachment #2: texmf-fonts.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 53590 bytes --]

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  6:47 ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-08-03  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK,

I try to mail the zip file containing the tfms and map file to the
mailing list but I got the following:

Your mail to 'ntg-context' with the subject
   Re: [NTG-context] Lucida (from a newbie) question

So I mail Eric the tfm and map files needed so this problem is solved.

Yue Wang

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  8:42   ` Eric DÉTREZ
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Eric DÉTREZ @ 2008-08-03  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 3 août 08 à 08:38, Yue Wang a écrit :

> Hi, Eric:
>
> You should have all the tfms generated.
Yes, they are in the fonts/type1/bh/lucida directory

> The attachment is all the file you need except the pfbs.
> extract it to texmf-fonts directory, and mkdir texmf-fonts/fonts/type1
> copy all the pfb type1 files there,
> and run texhash.

done
When I try to use
> \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
> \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
> \setupbodyfont[lucida,12pt]

Compilation says " ! I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbf' "
It's better than before : it didn't do anything :-)

Tank's for your help.

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  8:43   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-08-03  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yue Wang wrote:
> OK,
>
> I try to mail the zip file containing the tfms and map file to the
> mailing list but I got the following:
>
> Your mail to 'ntg-context' with the subject
>    Re: [NTG-context] Lucida (from a newbie) question
>
> So I mail Eric the tfm and map files needed so this problem is solved.

I approved the post before I saw this message. Ah well, the files
may be useful for other people as well.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  9:06     ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2008-08-03  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Compilation says " ! I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbf' "
> It's better than before : it didn't do anything :-)

Hi Eric,

It may help us if you give us more details:
- the texfont command used,
- did your pfb files are in a single directory or not ? ...
- ...

A good test is:
\startMPenvironment[global] % use lucida for metapost too
\usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
\usetypescript[lucidabfm][texnansi] % for bold math
\usetypescript[lucidaboldmath][texnansi] % for bold math
\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt]
\definebodyfont[17.3pt,14.4pt,12pt,11pt,10pt,9pt,8pt,7pt,6pt,5pt,4pt][rm][bc=SerifBoldCaps
sa 1,
bca=SerifBoldCaps sa a,
bcb=SerifBoldCaps sa b,
bcc=SerifBoldCaps sa c,
bcd=SerifBoldCaps sa d,
bcx=SerifBoldCaps sa x,
bcxx=SerifBoldCaps sa xx] % dunno if required from now
\stopMPenvironment

\starttext
\input knuth

\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,cg]
\input knuth

\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,hw]
\input knuth

\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,sans]
\input knuth

\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,mono]
\input knuth
\stoptext

as provided by http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Lucida

Best regards,

Renaud

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03  9:29       ` Eric DÉTREZ
From: Eric DÉTREZ @ 2008-08-03  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 3 août 08 à 11:06, Renaud Aubin a écrit :

>> Compilation says " ! I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbf' "
>> It's better than before : it didn't do anything :-)
>>
> Hi Eric,
>
> It may help us if you give us more details:
> - the texfont command used,

I don't use texfont
I compile files from texshop

> - did your pfb files are in a single directory or not ? ...
yes they are with names lbc.pfb and so on

I had to had the line << \usetypescriptfile[type-buy] >> to the test
> A good test is:
> \startMPenvironment[global] % use lucida for metapost too
[couic]
> \setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,mono]
> \input knuth
> \stoptext

and it gives the same error <<  I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbr >>

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-03 11:19         ` Renaud Aubin
From: Renaud Aubin @ 2008-08-03 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Eric DÉTREZ a écrit :

> I don't use texfont
> I compile files from texshop
Ok, I have no knowledge at all regarding texshop, sorry...

>> - did your pfb files are in a single directory or not ? ...
> yes they are with names lbc.pfb and so on
This one was only relevant using texfont...

> I had to had the line << \usetypescriptfile[type-buy] >> to the test
Ok (as you may already know), you can modify (your TeX
root)/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/user/cont-sys.tex to add
\usetypescriptfile[type-buy] permanently
>> A good test is:
>> \startMPenvironment[global] % use lucida for metapost too
> [couic]
>> \setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt,mono]
>> \input knuth
>> \stoptext
>
> and it gives the same error <<  I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbr >
How did you install ConTeXt? Is it included in texshop? Could you try
with texfont?

Renaud

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-04  3:49       ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-08-04  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

In this situation, texfont is not enough:)
because texfont can not handle math fonts.

Yue Wang

@ 2008-08-04  3:51           ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-08-04  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

> How did you install ConTeXt? Is it included in texshop? Could you try
> with texfont?

TeXShop is just an editor like TeXWorks.
It has nothing to do with ConTeXt and friends.

Yue Wang

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-04  3:55     ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-08-04  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

> Compilation says " ! I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbf' "
> It's better than before : it didn't do anything :-)

Update the ConTeXt distribution to the latest version.
It should be work.
If you don't know your distribution well, Ask mojca for help.
She is the minimals distribution developer as well as a professional
Mac OS X user:)

(Or here is a dirty hint:  maybe you can rename all the texnansi-*
tfms to texnansi-raw-*)

Yue Wang

* Re: Lucida (from a newbie) question
@ 2008-08-04 12:23     ` Eric DÉTREZ
From: Eric DÉTREZ @ 2008-08-04 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le 3 août 08 à 10:42, Eric DÉTREZ a écrit :

> Le 3 août 08 à 08:38, Yue Wang a écrit :

>> The attachment is all the file you need except the pfbs.
>> extract it to texmf-fonts directory, and mkdir texmf-fonts/fonts/
>> type1
>> copy all the pfb type1 files there,
>> and run texhash.
>
> done
> When I try to use
>> \usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
>> \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
>> \setupbodyfont[lucida,12pt]
>>

> Compilation says " ! I can't find file `texnansi-raw-lbf' "
> It's better than before : it didn't do anything :-)

It seems that the problem comes from some files in texmf/fonts/tfm/bh/
lucida
whose names ares raw-l***.tfm.

I tried to install as Yue Wang says in a new account and everything
worked fine (I install new files in a texmf folder wich is in the home
folder).

Thanks for you help.