* placing section heads in toc
@ 2008-08-10 17:11 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2008-08-10 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear gang,

This used to work:

=================================
\definehead[intro][chapter]
\setuphead [intro][numberstyle=normal,
                      number=no,
                      ownnumber=no,
                      incrementnumber=no,
                      continue=no,
                      placehead=yes]
\definecombinedlist[mycontent][intro,chapter]
\setupcombinedlist [mycontent][alternative=c]

\starttext
\title{Table of Contents}
\placemycontent

\intro{Preface}

\chapter{Test}

\chapter{Test}

\stoptext
=================================

The \intro head does not appear in the toc unless I first comment
"incrementnumber=no", which, of course, ruins the numbering. Is this a bug
or is there a new protocol? Both mkiv and mkii diplay the same behavior.

using ConTeXt  ver: 2008.08.09

Is this a bug? If not, how can I get a non-numbered head into the toc?

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: placing section heads in toc
@ 2008-08-10 22:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-10 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid ????? ????? ???? wrote:

> Is this a bug? If not, how can I get a non-numbered head into the toc?

\startfrontmatter

... \chapter{...} ...

\stopfrontmatter

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-11  2:11   ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2008-08-11  2:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:03:19 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Idris Samawi Hamid ????? ????? ???? wrote:
>
>> Is this a bug? If not, how can I get a non-numbered head into the toc?
>
> \startfrontmatter
>
> ... \chapter{...} ...
>
> \stopfrontmatter

Ok thnx a lot. But is that just a workaround or is there a new protocol?
\start|stopfrontmatter seems like overkill...

incrementnumber=no,
placehead=yes

used to work in the toc before, and I can forsee places where I'll need
this in the mainmatter...

So is it a bug? If not, why not?

Thanks again and all

@ 2008-08-11  6:19     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-08-11  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 4:11 AM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
<ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:03:19 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> Idris Samawi Hamid ????? ????? ???? wrote:
>>
>>> Is this a bug? If not, how can I get a non-numbered head into the toc?
>>
>> \startfrontmatter
>>
>> ... \chapter{...} ...
>>
>> \stopfrontmatter
>
> Ok thnx a lot. But is that just a workaround or is there a new protocol?
> \start|stopfrontmatter seems like overkill...
>
> incrementnumber=no,

incrementnumber=list

> placehead=yes
>
> used to work in the toc before, and I can forsee places where I'll need
> this in the mainmatter...
>
> So is it a bug? If not, why not?
>
> Thanks again and all

Wolfgang

* Re: placing section heads in toc
@ 2008-08-11  8:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-11  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:03:19 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> Idris Samawi Hamid ????? ????? ???? wrote:
>>
>>> Is this a bug? If not, how can I get a non-numbered head into the toc?
>> \startfrontmatter
>>
>> ... \chapter{...} ...
>>
>> \stopfrontmatter
>
> Ok thnx a lot. But is that just a workaround or is there a new protocol?
> \start|stopfrontmatter seems like overkill...
>
> incrementnumber=no,

incrementnumber=list

> placehead=yes
>
> used to work in the toc before, and I can forsee places where I'll need
> this in the mainmatter...
>
> So is it a bug? If not, why not?

i haven't touched that code for a long time; the tricky thing with all
this show/don't-show and list/no-list and ... is that we need to avoid
dangling out of sync nodes (i.e. it will always be a bit hairy); you can
always use \writetolist

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-11 23:07       ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2008-08-11 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 00:19:03 -0600, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 02:06:24 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> incrementnumber=list

Thank you guys, I knew it had to be something simple [that one's not
documented]...