* Re: no star in itemize with luatex
@ 2008-08-26 23:28 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-08-26 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Mikael Persson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> running the file
>
> %%%
> \starttext
> \startitemize[3]
> \item Hello world!
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> in luatex, I did expect to get a star and then Hello world! However, I
> got something like \perp instead of the star.
>
> It works with pdftex. I also tried with some other fonts with same
> failing result.
>
> I run the latest minimal context and also tried this at the
> contextgarden with the same result.

This is a bug in math-ini.lua Line 407 should read

     [0x22C6] = { "mi", 0x3F }, -- star

"mi" instead of "sy". Make this change are regenerate the formats.

> Any solutions around?

Hans, can you correct this in the core.

Aditya

* no star in itemize with luatex
@ 2008-08-27  8:21 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2008-08-27  8:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

running the file

%%%
\starttext
\startitemize[3]
\item Hello world!
\stopitemize
\stoptext
%%%

in luatex, I did expect to get a star and then Hello world! However, I
got something like \perp instead of the star.

It works with pdftex. I also tried with some other fonts with same
failing result.

I run the latest minimal context and also tried this at the
contextgarden with the same result.

Any solutions around?

Best wishes, Mikael

* Re: no star in itemize with luatex
@ 2008-08-27  9:05   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2008-08-27  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much Aditya!

Best regards, Mikael

@ 2008-08-27 11:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-27 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> running the file
>
> %%%
> \starttext
> \startitemize[3]
> \item Hello world!
> \stopitemize
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> in luatex, I did expect to get a star and then Hello world! However, I
> got something like \perp instead of the star.
>
> It works with pdftex. I also tried with some other fonts with same
> failing result.
>
> I run the latest minimal context and also tried this at the
> contextgarden with the same result.
>
> Any solutions around?

in math-ini.lua, search for "-- star" and change the line into

     [0x22C6] = { "mi", 0x3F }, -- star

you need to remake the format

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-27 11:07   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-27 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

>> Any solutions around?
>
> Hans, can you correct this in the core.

sure, done already

(somehow your mail ends up ou tof order in my mailbox related to the
question, some time issue?)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE