* problem with frenchpunctuation
@ 2008-08-28 20:37 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2008-08-28 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Hello,

there is no space before the \type{}:

% engine=luatex
\setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
\starttext
«\type{bla}»
\stoptext

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: problem with frenchpunctuation
@ 2008-08-29  7:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-29  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is no space before the \type{}:
>
> % engine=luatex
> \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
> \starttext
> «\type{bla}»
> \stoptext

i do a check on the next char being a glyph

i'll remove that check, but at some point we need to become more
explicit about what to do, for instance

bla: will be ok, but bla : will have too much spacing now (to what
extend should these mechanisms be 'clever'

these rules should be part of the french wiki spec page

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-08-29  8:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-29  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt list

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> there is no space before the \type{}:
>
> % engine=luatex
> \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
> \starttext
> «\type{bla}»
> \stoptext

i added an optional stripper (alternative=1 to the definitions)

\starttext
     \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]
     bla: bla\crlf bla : bla
\stoptext

looks ok to me

at the context conference we discussed regression tests (there is
already a framework for that) ... so, how about you making a test file
for character spacing

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE