* Font fallbacks
@ 2008-08-29 11:16 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-08-29 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

the \definefontfallback commands use only the last setting in a comma
seperated list.

In this example only characters from 0x0071 to 0x0081 are set in bolditalic.

\definefontfallback [whatever] [BoldItalic] [0x0041-0x0051,0x0071-0x0081]

\definefontsynonym[SerifPlus][Serif][fallbacks=whatever]

\definefont[MySerif][SerifPlus]

\starttext

\MySerif

\dostepwiserecurse{65}{255}{1}
    {\char\recurselevel\hskip10pt plus 5pt\relax}

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Font fallbacks
@ 2008-08-29 15:44 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-08-29 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the \definefontfallback commands use only the last setting in a comma
> seperated list.

fixed (it needed a deep copy of tables)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: font fallbacks
@ 2022-08-01 19:00     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-08-01 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.08.22 um 20:43 schrieb denis.maier@unibe.ch:
> Hi,
> I have used more than one fallback, but each fallback is for a different character range

Thank you.

I tried:

\definefontfallback[seguiFB]
   [file:seguisym.ttf]
%  [0x00000-0xFFFFF]
   [0x0007F-0xFFFFF]
   [check=yes,force=no]

\definefontfallback[tildeFB]
   [file:seguisym.ttf]
   [0x0007E-0x0007E]
   [force=yes]

\definetypeface [start] [tt] [mono]  [modern]
[default][fallbacks={tildeFB}] % ,seguiFB

I can either replace the one character or fall back for all missing
characters, but not both. Maybe it’s the mixture of force=yes/no.

For the emoji fallback, I’d need to define all the necessary ranges...

Hraban

* Re: font fallbacks
@ 2022-08-01 18:43   ` Denis Maier via ntg-context
From: Denis Maier via ntg-context @ 2022-08-01 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: denis.maier

Hi,
I have used more than one fallback, but each fallback is for a different character range
Denis
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-08-01 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context; +Cc: Henning Hraban Ramm

> [...]

>     7  U+00335  ̵  COMBINING SHORT STROKE OVERLAY
>    14  U+003B7  η  GREEK SMALL LETTER ETA
>     7  U+021A9  ↩  LEFTWARDS ARROW WITH HOOK
>   350  U+02500  ─  BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT HORIZONTAL
>    98  U+02502  │  BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT VERTICAL
>    42  U+02514  └  BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT UP AND RIGHT
>   133  U+0251C  ├  BOX DRAWINGS LIGHT VERTICAL AND RIGHT
>   154  U+02772  ❲  LIGHT LEFT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET ORNAMENT
>   154  U+02773  ❳  LIGHT RIGHT TORTOISE SHELL BRACKET ORNAMENT
>    14  U+0278A  ➊  DINGBAT NEGATIVE CIRCLED SANS-SERIF DIGIT ONE
> stop missing characters
> start missing characters: cambria.ttc
>     9  U+0278A  ➊  DINGBAT NEGATIVE CIRCLED SANS-SERIF DIGIT ONE
>     9  U+0FFFD  �  REPLACEMENT CHARACTER
> stop missing characters
> start missing characters: cambriai.ttf
>   266  U+0276C  ❬  MEDIUM LEFT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET ORNAMENT
>   266  U+0276D  ❭  MEDIUM RIGHT-POINTING ANGLE BRACKET ORNAMENT

* font fallbacks
@ 2022-07-30 13:51 Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2022-07-30 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2017-04-03 13:04         ` Mathias Schickel