* colors questions
@ 2008-09-08  9:09 Alan Stone
From: Alan Stone @ 2008-09-08  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Source: texshow

(1) \setupinteraction
color                  name
contrastcolor      name

How do you set the setupinteraction contrastcolor background color ?

(2) \defineinteractionmenu, \setupinteractionmenu, \interactionbuttons

color                   name
background         screen color none foreground name
backgroundcolor  name
foregroundcolor    name

(2.1) What is "background="

- screen ?

- color ?

- foreground ?

(2.2) What's the difference between

- "color" and "foregroundcolor" ?

- background=name and backgroundcolor=name ?

- how do you set a, or override (1)'s, selected item background color ?

--
Best,
Alan

* using ConTeXt ver: 2008.08.18 14:00 MKIV fmt: 2008.8.22 int:
english/english (on Windows XP)

* Re: colors questions
@ 2008-09-08  9:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-08  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Stone wrote:
> Source: texshow
>
> (1) \setupinteraction
> color                  name
> contrastcolor      name
>
> How do you set the setupinteraction contrastcolor background color ?

hm, there is no interactionbackgroundcolor (maybe some day in mkiv when
i've redone hyperlinks)

> (2) \defineinteractionmenu, \setupinteractionmenu, \interactionbuttons
>
> color                   name
> background         screen color none foreground name
> backgroundcolor  name
> foregroundcolor    name
>
> (2.1) What is "background="
>
> - screen ?

grayscale

> - color ?

color

> - foreground ?

color of content (like text)

> (2.2) What's the difference between
>
> - "color" and "foregroundcolor" ?

foregroundcolor is somewhat special in the sense that it applies to the
'framed' content; in mkiv we use whatsits to track color and using
colors around your boxed content might interfere so therefore we have
this special less interfering foregroundcolor; in mkiv this interference
is gone (by design)

> - background=name and backgroundcolor=name ?

background={somecolorname,somebackgroundthing,somemore)

i.e. can be a sequence of things to be applied (just grep for
background= in the s-*.tex files)

Hans

(keep in mind that tex itself has no concept of color, nor of backgrounds)

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: colors questions
@ 2008-09-08 10:28   ` Alan Stone
From: Alan Stone @ 2008-09-08 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans.

Still about setupinteraction's "contrastcolor".

In an interactionmenu, how do you maintain an item's color to
"contrastcolor" when the corresponding section spans over more than
one screen/page ? It switches back to "color" after the first
screen/page.

@ 2008-09-08 11:37     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-08 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Stone wrote:
> Thanks Hans.
>
> Still about setupinteraction's "contrastcolor".
>
> In an interactionmenu, how do you maintain an item's color to
> "contrastcolor" when the corresponding section spans over more than
> one screen/page ? It switches back to "color" after the first
> screen/page.

indeed, just a compare of the reference page with the current page; no
spans

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: colors questions
@ 2008-09-08 12:05       ` Alan Stone
From: Alan Stone @ 2008-09-08 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> indeed, just a compare of the reference page with the current page; no
> spans

That's a feature request then. Samewise for interaction buttons.

Thanks,
Alan

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Alan Stone wrote:
>> Thanks Hans.
>>
>> Still about setupinteraction's "contrastcolor".
>>
>> In an interactionmenu, how do you maintain an item's color to
>> "contrastcolor" when the corresponding section spans over more than
>> one screen/page ? It switches back to "color" after the first
>> screen/page.
>
> indeed, just a compare of the reference page with the current page; no
> spans
>
> Hans

* \bTABLE and \chemical
@ 2008-09-08 16:38 ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2008-09-08 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have not understood how tables and \chemical interact.
The second case in the minimal example below
demonstrates unexpected/incorrect centering
when using \chemical and \bTABLE.
Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Alan

\starttext
\usemodule[chemic]
\setupchemical[size=small,scale=200,width=fit,frame=off]

\starttable[|c|]
	\HL
	\VL chemical formula \VL\AR
	\HL
	\VL
        	\startchemical
                	\chemical[SIX,B,C,R,RZ][R,R,R,R,R,R]
        	\stopchemical
	\VL\LR
	\HL
\stoptable
\blank[line]

\setupTABLE[c][1][align={middle,lohi}]
\bTABLE
\bTR
        \bTD
        chemical formula
        \eTD
\eTR
\bTR
        \bTD
        \startchemical
                \chemical[SIX,B,C,R,RZ][R,R,R,R,R,R]
        \stopchemical
        \eTD
\eTR
\eTABLE

\stoptext

* Re: \bTABLE and \chemical
@ 2008-09-09  6:33   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-09  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr> wrote:
> I have not understood how tables and \chemical interact.
> The second case in the minimal example below
> demonstrates unexpected/incorrect centering
> when using \chemical and \bTABLE.
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alan
>
> \starttext
> \usemodule[chemic]
> \setupchemical[size=small,scale=200,width=fit,frame=off]
>
> \starttable[|c|]
>        \HL
>        \VL chemical formula \VL\AR
>        \HL
>        \VL
>                \startchemical
>                        \chemical[SIX,B,C,R,RZ][R,R,R,R,R,R]
>                \stopchemical
>        \VL\LR
>        \HL
> \stoptable
> \blank[line]
>
> \setupTABLE[c][1][align={middle,lohi}]
> \bTABLE
> \bTR
>        \bTD
>        chemical formula
>        \eTD
> \eTR
> \bTR
>        \bTD
>        \startchemical

\dontleavehmode\startchemical

>                \chemical[SIX,B,C,R,RZ][R,R,R,R,R,R]
>        \stopchemical
>        \eTD
> \eTR
> \eTABLE
>
> \stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: \bTABLE and \chemical
@ 2008-09-09  7:44     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2008-09-09  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Tuesday 09 September 2008 08:33:19 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> \dontleavehmode\startchemical

Thank you. This works, of course.
I suppose that it is a subtlety why this is
necessary with \bTable but not with \starttable...

Should this perhaps be included in \startchemical
or would that wreak havoc elsewhere?

Alan