* Mkiv Colour issue and more
@ 2008-09-10  1:41 Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2008-09-10  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> luatex --version
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.29.0-2008072009

> texexec --version
TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD

The file source; http://pastebin.com/f4923f52c.

> \placecontent[criterium=chapter,
> 	level=section,
>	color=headingcolour,
>    interaction=all,
>    alternative=c,
>	aligntitle=yes,
>	before={\startnarrower[0*left,8*right]},
>	after={\stopnarrower},
>	margin=2em]
>\blank[2*big]

1.  The first line "1.1 section1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . 1"  is red!  This is only the case with mkiv.

mkii;  http://filebin.ca/vfqedy/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/vfqedy
mkiv;  http://filebin.ca/xmupe/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/xmupe

2.  Is it possible to have the \blank[2*big] generated by the placecontent
command?  The default space generated after chapter seems fine, but I'd really
like to have a listing of the sections after the chapter.
3.  Am I missing something?  I'd like the same effect or better without the
explicit call to \startnarrower or \stopnarrower

>\definecolor[ucolour]       [c=0,m=0.83,y=1,k=0.7]
>\definecolor[urlcolour]     [c=0,m=0.51,y=1,k=0]
> \setupinteraction[
>	 state=start,
>    color=ucolour,
>    option=bookmark]

4.  Doesn't work, but strangely enough "color=urlcolour" does.  If I do use
"ucolour", the links are shown in black;  http://filebin.ca/dnoqva/test.pdf or
http://filebin.ca/dnoqva

5.
\useURL[key][http://wiki.contextgarden.net/][][http://wiki.contextgarden.net/]
fails, but \useURL[key][http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi] works.  The
former fails with; http://pastebin.com/f3cc75b10.

I'm actually quiet baffled by this.  Also now the dots are green;
http://filebin.ca/cezdzr/test.pdf, http://filebin.ca/cezdzr or
http://www.4shared.com/file/62409267/2d29710c/test.html.

6.  Why aren't the paragraphs that have a picture to the right or left indented
on the first line?  Compare the paragraphs on page1-section1 with those on
page2-section3.

7.  Why aren't the the urls broken across lines, page2-3.  I'm pretty sure the
hyperref package in latex supported this.

8.  What must I do to the 3rd paragraph on the first page to get it to space
properly?  It's far too close to the previous one.

9.  the d in "praised" protrudes to the margin, how do I stop this.  I should
point out that this happens often.

10.  And the last question :).  Is it possible to get a table of contents
similar to that on page 36 of 'the elements of typographic style'?  I.e.,

chapter-namex - page x
chapter-namey - page y
chapter-namez - page z

and it's centered aligned according to the -.

% engine=luatex
\showframe
\mainlanguage[uk]
\language[uk]
\enableregime[utf]

\setuppapersize[A4]

% PARAGRAPH
\setupindenting[big,yes]

% COLOURS
\setupcolor[hex]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\definecolor[urlcolour][c=0,m=0.83,y=1,k=0.70]
\definecolor[headingcolour][c=1,m=0.56,y=0,k=0]

\setuphead[section,chapter,subject][color=headingcolour]
\setuphead [chapter]      [style=\ss\bfd,color=headingcolour]
\setuphead [section]      [style=\ss\bfc,color=headingcolour]
\setuphead [subsection]   [style=\ss\bfb,color=headingcolour]
\setuphead [subsubsection][style=\ss\bfa,color=headingcolour]

\setupinteraction[
	state=start,
    color=urlcolour,
    option=bookmark]

\useURL[authoremail][mailto:longemail@longemail.com][][longemail@longemail.com]

\starttext

\chapter{flower Flower}
\placecontent[criterium=chapter,
	level=section,
	color=headingcolour,
    interaction=all,
    alternative=c,
	aligntitle=yes,
	before={\startnarrower[0*left,8*right]},
	after={\stopnarrower},
	margin=2em]
\blank[2*big]

\dorecurse{1}{
\section{section1}
\input zapf

\placefigure
   [left]
   [fig:project2]
   {Project2 - With Ali's cam}
   {\externalfigure[images/Project.jpg]}

\input zapf

\placefigure
   [right]
   [fig:project2]
   {Project2 - With Ali's cam}
   {\externalfigure[images/Project.jpg]}

\input zapf
}

\section{section2}
\dorecurse{2}{\input zapf

}
\section{section3}
\dorecurse{2}{\input zapf

}

\stoptext

* Re: Mkiv Colour issue and more
@ 2008-09-10  8:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-10  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mohamed Bana wrote:
>> luatex --version
> This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.29.0-2008072009
>
>> texexec --version
> TeXExec | version 6.2.0 - 1997-2006 - PRAGMA ADE/POD
>
> The file source; http://pastebin.com/f4923f52c.
>
>> \placecontent[criterium=chapter,
>> 	level=section,
>> 	color=headingcolour,
>>    interaction=all,
>>    alternative=c,
>> 	aligntitle=yes,
>> 	before={\startnarrower[0*left,8*right]},
>> 	after={\stopnarrower},
>> 	margin=2em]
>> \blank[2*big]
>
> 1.  The first line "1.1 section1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> .. . . . 1"  is red!  This is only the case with mkiv.
>
> mkii;  http://filebin.ca/vfqedy/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/vfqedy
> mkiv;  http://filebin.ca/xmupe/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/xmupe

i'll have a look at it ... there is some leader bug in luatex itself
that might to be solved first

> 2.  Is it possible to have the \blank[2*big] generated by the placecontent
> command?  The default space generated after chapter seems fine, but I'd really
> like to have a listing of the sections after the chapter.

\startsetups chapter:after
     \blank[2*big]
     \placecontent % or \placelist[section][....]
        [criterium=chapter,
         level=section,
         color=headingcolour,
         interaction=all,
         alternative=c,
         aligntitle=yes,
         before={\startnarrower[0*left,8*right]},
         after={\stopnarrower},
         margin=2em]
     \blank[2*big]
\stopsetups

\setuphead[chapter][after=\setups{chapter:after}]

> 3.  Am I missing something?  I'd like the same effect or better without the
> explicit call to \startnarrower or \stopnarrower

no problem with startnarrower but you might want to use the nicer looking

\startsetups chapter:after
     \blank[2*big]
     \startnarrower[0*left,8*right]
     \placecontent
        [criterium=chapter,
         level=section,
         color=headingcolour,
         interaction=all,
         alternative=c,
         aligntitle=yes,
         before=,
         after=,
         margin=2em]
     \stopnarrower
     \blank[2*big]
\stopsetups

>> \definecolor[ucolour]       [c=0,m=0.83,y=1,k=0.7]
>> \definecolor[urlcolour]     [c=0,m=0.51,y=1,k=0]
>> \setupinteraction[
>> 	 state=start,
>>    color=ucolour,
>>    option=bookmark]
>
> 4.  Doesn't work, but strangely enough "color=urlcolour" does.  If I do use
> "ucolour", the links are shown in black;  http://filebin.ca/dnoqva/test.pdf or
> http://filebin.ca/dnoqva

hm, i dunno, both work ok here

> 5.
> \useURL[key][http://wiki.contextgarden.net/][][http://wiki.contextgarden.net/]
> fails, but \useURL[key][http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi] works.  The
> former fails with; http://pastebin.com/f3cc75b10.
>
> I'm actually quiet baffled by this.  Also now the dots are green;
> http://filebin.ca/cezdzr/test.pdf, http://filebin.ca/cezdzr or
> http://www.4shared.com/file/62409267/2d29710c/test.html.

how does that code look? (not in the sample file)

> 6.  Why aren't the paragraphs that have a picture to the right or left indented
> on the first line?  Compare the paragraphs on page1-section1 with those on
> page2-section3.

feature -)

> 7.  Why aren't the the urls broken across lines, page2-3.  I'm pretty sure the
> hyperref package in latex supported this.

no example; breaking urls is supported

?

> 9.  the d in "praised" protrudes to the margin, how do I stop this.  I should
> point out that this happens often.

depends ... || should handle it

> 10.  And the last question :).  Is it possible to get a table of contents
> similar to that on page 36 of 'the elements of typographic style'?  I.e.,
>
> chapter-namex - page x
> chapter-namey - page y
> chapter-namez - page z
>
> and it's centered aligned according to the -.

hook in a command that does it

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-09-12 23:51   ` Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2008-09-12 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Looks like this thread is going to die :(

* Re: Mkiv Colour issue and more
@ 2008-09-13 10:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-13 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mohamed Bana wrote:
> Looks like this thread is going to die :(

it's such a big list ... often it helps if you split up your problem,
since now you force us to respond to a lengthy mail (which takes quite
some time)

hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-09-12 18:42 abbg770
From: abbg770 @ 2008-09-12 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma <at> wxs.nl> writes:

> >> \definecolor[ucolour]       [c=0,m=0.83,y=1,k=0.7]
> >> \definecolor[urlcolour]     [c=0,m=0.51,y=1,k=0]
> >> \setupinteraction[
> >> 	 state=start,
> >>    color=ucolour,
> >>    option=bookmark]
> >
> > 4. Doesn't work, but strangely enough "color=urlcolour" does. If I do
> > use "ucolour", the links are shown in black;
> > http://filebin.ca/dnoqva/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/dnoqva
>
> hm, i dunno, both work ok here

Could someone please try this out.  My links are still in black.

Output
jpg (beware it's quiet big); http://imagebin.ca/view/VHwQ0w.html
pdf; http://filebin.ca/hbmgzk/test.pdf or http://filebin.ca/hbmgzk
Source; http://pastebin.com/f15e49b5e

If I understood correctly; http://pastebin.com/f52799045 and the log;
http://pastebin.com/f3948a3ac

> > 7. Why aren't the the urls broken across lines, page2-3. I'm pretty
> > sure the hyperref package in latex supported this.
>
> no example; breaking urls is supported

Hans, look at http://imagebin.ca/view/VHwQ0w.html.  The code used is;

\dorecurse{6}{Download Apache at \from[apache]}

It's from the end of http://pastebin.com/f15e49b5e.  Am I missing an option
somewhere?

1st page, 3rd paragraph; http://filebin.ca/dnoqva/test.pdf or
http://filebin.ca/dnoqva. Here's a screenshot;
http://imagebin.ca/view/5Es-dHG.html

> > 9. the d in "praised" protrudes to the margin, how do I stop this. I
> > should point out that this happens often.
>
> depends ... || should handle it

I was thinking more on the lines of letting ConTeXt ensure that I never
have a character protude into the margin, is this possible?