* installation of ConTeXt
@ 2008-09-11 14:08 Goebel, Juergen
From: Goebel, Juergen @ 2008-09-11 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do I really have to install ruby?  I downloaded it, but can't find
anything like install, setup or something like this.  Even the
readme is not very helpful at all.  And another question: for
using Ruby - and therefore ConTeXt - do I need cygwin?

Regards,

Juergen

* Re: Re: beginner's hazzles with backgrounds and definitions.
@ 2003-07-30 16:58 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-30 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 07:31 30/07/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks Patrick,
>
>your version looks indeed as I intended. My second page is very different.
>This most likely means that Hans' question about the version I am using
>was to the point.
>
>I go and see that I get my TeX installation updated (does somebody know
>how to do that
>most efficiently in Mac OS X? ).

dunno, maybe we have to make a simple apple script: fetch cont-tmf and
regenerate format

[btw, the next version of texshop will have context specific menus]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Installation of Context
@ 2000-10-31 14:59 michou
From: michou @ 2000-10-31 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I'm new to Context but I'm using succesfully  LaTeX with the MikTeX
distribution on WinNT.
I have just installed  Context and made the format files (en, uk,nl,de) as
described in the installation manual (minstall.pdf). I copied the fmt files
in the directories where MikTeX searches.
However, when I try to compile a simple test file,  cont-en is not found. I
think I'm not alone in this case from what I can see from other messages.
Also I would like to make a french format file if possible. So I modified
the file cont-user.tex and uncommented the corresponding lines, but no
format file was created for french.
I  join below the output of the compilation of the file "text.tex".

Thanks for any  clue.

Yanick Michou
> texexec --verbose test.tex

TeXExec 2.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : kpsewhich not found in path
     locating ini file : found by searching
               reading : d:\LOCALT~2\context\perltk\texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'miktex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFontsPath' to
'l:/tex/texmf;l:/tex/texmf-local;' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdftex' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '--initialize' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'

          used setting : TeXShell = miktex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = en
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = en,nl,de,uk
          used setting : TeXFontsPath = l:/tex/texmf;l:/tex/texmf-local;
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdftex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = --initialize
          used setting : TeXPassString =
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : TcXPath =

            executable : pdftex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : en
               options : verbose
          current mode : all
               TeX run : 1

pdftex    &cont-en test

cont-en: not found
cont-en: not found

              run time : 0 seconds
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot build 187))
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?