* overprint and currentcolorname in mkiv
@ 2008-09-12 16:09 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2008-09-12 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

is overprinting working in mkiv?

\ctxlua{overprints.enabled=true}

has no effect here or on ConTeXt live. Maybe I'm missing something.

Currently I try to adapt some mkii code to mkiv. Overprinting should
only be enabled if
- a given maximum font size is not exceeded and
- the current text color is black.

So I also need \currentcolorname (or something similar) for that test.

[colo-new.mkiv:]
\def\currentcolorname{\s!black} % todo

This is all unhasty, but if there is a solution, let me know.

Best wishes, Peter

* overprint and \currentcolorname in mkiv
@ 2009-03-06 14:25 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2009-03-06 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

the subject is re-used from an older mail

http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20080912.160921.cb5bba9d.en.html

 >> Currently I try to adapt some mkii code to mkiv. Overprinting should
 >> only be enabled if
 >> - a given maximum font size is not exceeded and
 >> - the current text color is black.
 >>
 >> So I also need \currentcolorname (or something similar) for that test.
 >>
 >> [colo-new.mkiv:]
 >> \def\currentcolorname{\s!black} % todo

You were so kind to add \doifblackelse in mkiv, but without a working
\currentcolorname it is pretty useless at the moment. I want to closure
the (inconvenient) prepress topic and overprinting is the last unsolved
problem. Any chance that this will be implemented in the near future?

Best wishes,

Peter

--
  "Es ist doch ein Trost,
   das Geldgier manchmal blöd macht."

             - Kottan in "Kottan ermittelt", Folge 9: "Die Einteilung" -