* typesetting ruin
@ 2008-09-23 20:33 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-09-23 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

A year ago I had my presentation sheets typeset with ConTeXt.
Now, USING MY SAME SOURCES, with ConTeXt ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21
15:21 MKII  fmt: 2008.7.5 the severely clipped picture below results.
I did the setup with

\usemodule[pre-general]
% followed by:
\setuppapersize [S6][S6]
\setuplayout
   [backspace=1cm,
    topspace=1cm,
    margin=0pt,
    header=0pt,
    footer=0pt,
    bottomdistance=.875cm,
    bottom=1cm,
    width=fit,
    height=fit]
\starttext
\TitlePage{\vfill\vfill\bf Contents of page}
\stoptext
\endinput
What the .... could have happened here to cause this apparent clipping?
It does not seem to be in the MPgraphic's used for background etc,
because commenting these out does not change the odd dimensions.
Any idea?

[-- Attachment #2: minor.pdf --]

Hans van der Meer

* Re: typesetting ruin
@ 2008-09-23 20:56 ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-09-23 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Follow up on my previous post. I could narrow the problem to this
statement in my code:
\setupinteractionscreen
   [option=max,
    width=fit,
    height=fit]

What has been changed here in recent versions? or perhaps better: what
change could cause this to fail?

On 23 sep 2008, at 22:33, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> A year ago I had my presentation sheets typeset with ConTeXt.
> Now, USING MY SAME SOURCES, with ConTeXt ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21
> 15:21 MKII  fmt: 2008.7.5 the severely clipped picture below
> results. I did the setup with
>
> \usemodule[pre-general]

Hans van der Meer

* Re: typesetting ruin
@ 2008-09-24  7:29 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-24  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> A year ago I had my presentation sheets typeset with ConTeXt.
> Now, USING MY SAME SOURCES, with ConTeXt ConTeXt  ver: 2008.05.21 15:21
> MKII  fmt: 2008.7.5 the severely clipped picture below results. I did
> the setup with
>
> \usemodule[pre-general]
> % followed by:
> \setuppapersize [S6][S6]
> \setuplayout
>   [backspace=1cm,
>    topspace=1cm,
>    margin=0pt,
>    header=0pt,
>    footer=0pt,
>    bottomdistance=.875cm,
>    bottom=1cm,
>    width=fit,
>    height=fit]
> \starttext
> \TitlePage{\vfill\vfill\bf Contents of page}
> \stoptext
> \endinput
> What the .... could have happened here to cause this apparent clipping?
> It does not seem to be in the MPgraphic's used for background etc,
> because commenting these out does not change the odd dimensions.
> Any idea?

i have no clue, but then, your file does not run here at all, since
there is no TitltePage command in pre-general

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: typesetting ruin
@ 2008-09-24 10:07   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-09-24 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

No need to run it yourself. It has to do with the interpretation/
assignements of the 'fit' options in:
\setupinteractionscreen
   [option=max,
    width=fit,
    height=fit]

Replacing 'fit' by an explicit height seems to repair it. But I have
no idea why the behaviour of 'fit' suddenly changed.
\setupinteractionscreen
   [option=max,
    width=\paperwidth,
    height=\paperheight]

@ 2008-09-24 11:01     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-09-24 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Hans,
>
> No need to run it yourself.

That is your choice of course, but I highly doubt this will get fixed
unless you provide a minimal complete test file. Hans does not have
time to create test files himself to search for a bug that may or may
not exist on other computers than the one of the reporter (nor do I,
for that matter).

Best wishes,
Taco