* math font size in captions (and other places)
@ 2008-09-25  6:35 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2008-09-25  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I want small caption texts in a document. However, neither of the
following two alternatives work:

%%%%%
%\setupcaptions[style=small]
\setupcaptions[style=\tfx]

\starttext
\placefigure[here][none]{Some math $x=y$}{Dummy figure}
\stoptext
%%%%%

In both cases the text is small, but math font is not changed. I can
solve this by doing a \switchtobodyfont in the caption, but I'd like
to do it only once and for all. I guess I have the same problem in all
environments where there is a style= parameter. (For now, I also would
like to set it in \setupmarginblocks.

I've tested this both on mkii and mkiv and with updated (minimal) ConTeXt.

Best regards, Mikael Persson

PS Any progress in getting the fourier (utopia+fourier) fonts to work
in the new minimals? I miss that combination of fonts. I did not get
the reason of why it is not included anymore.

* Re: math font size in captions (and other places)
@ 2008-09-25  8:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-09-25  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

> In both cases the text is small, but math font is not changed. I can
> solve this by doing a \switchtobodyfont in the caption,

You can put the \switchtobodyfont in the style argument:

   \setupcaptions[style={\switchtobodyfont[small]}]

or you could redefine 'small':

   \def\bodyfontsmall{\switchtobodyfont[small]}
   \definealternativestyle [small] [\bodyfontsmall] []

(untested)

If redefinition doesn't work, you have to define a new alternative
style

   \definealternativestyle [MySmall] [\bodyfontsmall] []

but then you would have to go through the style changing
"style=small" to "style=MySmall" etc.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: math font size in captions (and other places)
@ 2008-09-25 13:18   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2008-09-25 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you Taco,

I did put \switchtobodyfont in the style argument and it worked like a charm.

Micke P