Hans Hagen wrote: >> I try to get a picture on a page using >> \externalfigure[name.pdf][width=\textwidth] The image is pushed to the >> next page, even though there is no text on the current page and the >> height of the image itself is smaller then \textheight, so it should >> fit. How do I force image placement *here*? >> > > \placefigure[force]{}{} > Hi Hans, Is there a way to do this [force] with \externalfigure in a macro def like: \def\picturefile #1#2#3{{\rotate[rotation=#1]{\externalfigure[#2][width=#3mm]}}} When I try to do something with \placefigure I get a "floatblocks : order disturbed" error and no figure placed. Thanks again, Jelle