* How to get the ligatures back in mkiv?
@ 2008-10-07 18:22 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-10-07 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

A while back, script=latn has been removed from features=default. It
was an extremely sad story, but at that time it was possible to
redefine it at least. Now I cannot make it work any more, or at least
I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but I don't get the fi
ligature with the following code:

\definefontfeature
  [default]
  [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
\definefontsynonym [Garamond-Roman] [AGaramondPro-Regular] [features=default]

I have switched to XeTeX for now (\font\a='Adobe Garamond Pro' at
15pt\a works OK), but that's not the solution.

MtxRun | current version: 2008.10.03 23:45

Help anyone?

Thanks a lot,
     Mojca

* Re: How to get the ligatures back in mkiv?
@ 2008-10-07 18:37 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A while back, script=latn has been removed from features=default. It
> was an extremely sad story, but at that time it was possible to

don't start weeping

> redefine it at least. Now I cannot make it work any more, or at least
> I'm doing something fundamentally wrong, but I don't get the fi
> ligature with the following code:
>
> \definefontfeature
>   [default]
>   [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
> \definefontsynonym [Garamond-Roman] [AGaramondPro-Regular] [features=default]
>
> I have switched to XeTeX for now (\font\a='Adobe Garamond Pro' at
> 15pt\a works OK), but that's not the solution.

hm, this should work (at least it works here in the beta and luatex)

\starttext
     final
\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-07 19:40   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-10-07 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> \definefontfeature
>>   [default]
>>   [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
>> \definefontsynonym [Garamond-Roman] [AGaramondPro-Regular] [features=default]
>>
>> I have switched to XeTeX for now (\font\a='Adobe Garamond Pro' at
>> 15pt\a works OK), but that's not the solution.
>
> hm, this should work (at least it works here in the beta and luatex)
>
> \starttext
>     final
> \stoptext

Black magick ... Ligatures work again without changing the source code
after updating to the tiny bit newer beta (I had an impression that I
did that before, but apparently I didn't). I do not understand the
reason, but ... let them live happily.

Thanks,

@ 2008-10-07 20:06     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-07 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>> \definefontfeature
>>>   [default]
>>>   [script=latn,liga=yes,kern=yes,tlig=yes,trep=yes]
>>> \definefontsynonym [Garamond-Roman] [AGaramondPro-Regular] [features=default]
>>>
>>> I have switched to XeTeX for now (\font\a='Adobe Garamond Pro' at
>>> 15pt\a works OK), but that's not the solution.
>> hm, this should work (at least it works here in the beta and luatex)
>>
>> \starttext
>>     final
>> \stoptext
>
> Black magick ... Ligatures work again without changing the source code
> after updating to the tiny bit newer beta (I had an impression that I
> did that before, but apparently I didn't). I do not understand the
> reason, but ... let them live happily.

well .. the font mechanism is being stepwise reconstructed ... so just
blame me

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE