* more bad news about latest beta
@ 2008-10-08 10:53 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2008-10-08 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, I have more bad (for me) news about the latest beta: it simply
refuses to play with some of my fonts; most importantly for me with
the Gentium fonts. Whenever I try to compile something with Gentium in
it, I get the error message

!luaTeX error (file /Users/tas/Library/Fonts/GenAR102.ttf): Invalid
glyph index (gid 1699)
  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
MtxRun | fatal error, code: 70

I have now compared the latest beta and an older one, and I think the
culprit is this line:

load otf | featurefile: /Users/tas/texmf/fonts/fea/context/greek-
babel.fea

luatex then goes on to create

luatex-cache/context/408a90c432ceda2c1e4a80ad5d0e5350/fonts/otf/GenAR102@greek-babel.tma
luatex-cache/context/408a90c432ceda2c1e4a80ad5d0e5350/fonts/otf/GenAR102@greek-babel.tmc

The thing is, I know that Gentium doesn't work with this fea file;
that's why I wrote one specifically for this font. Gentium is nowhere
connected to this fea file. When I use an older version, this fea file
is not used and GenAR102@greek-babel.tma is not created. The newer
version creates it, and I have no clue why...

Very puzzled

Thomas

* Re: more bad news about latest beta
@ 2008-10-08 10:58 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-08 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> OK, I have more bad (for me) news about the latest beta: it simply
> refuses to play with some of my fonts; most importantly for me with
> the Gentium fonts. Whenever I try to compile something with Gentium in
> it, I get the error message

Sorry, I should have warned you guys. This is a bug in 0.30.0,
there will be a 0.30.1 later today.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: more bad news about latest beta
@ 2008-10-08 11:00   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-08 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> OK, I have more bad (for me) news about the latest beta: it simply
>> refuses to play with some of my fonts; most importantly for me with
>> the Gentium fonts. Whenever I try to compile something with Gentium
>> in  it, I get the error message
>
> Sorry, I should have warned you guys. This is a bug in 0.30.0,
> there will be a 0.30.1 later today.

Then again, on re-reading, maybe this is a different problem, maybe
related to the mkiv code itself. So, let's just say that on my side
of things there is *a* bug relating to fonts that may or may not
be the cause of this issue.

Taco