* metapost behaving different
@ 2008-10-16 10:57 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-10-16 10:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Drawing with a square pen gives better rectangles
My metapost code is something like:
    pickup square pen
    draw rectangle with label within (macro call)

label drawing within the rectangle is essentially done with
    % prevent wobbling of text boxes with uneven depth
    pic := textext("\setbox0=\hbox{"&labeltext&"}\dp0=0pt\box0"); %
pic goes into rectangle

Under mkii this worked but under mkiv the text is mangled. To restore
proper text I had to surround this with pen commands:
    pentemp := savepen; pickup pencircle scaled 0pt; % apparently any
size will do
    % prevent wobbling of text boxes with uneven depth
    pic := textext("\setbox0=\hbox{"&labeltext&"}\dp0=0pt\box0"); %
pic goes into rectangle
    pickup pentemp;

Why is mkii behaving differently and not affected by pen changes?
Is this to be expected from metapost (and thus to be considered normal
behaviour) or did a bug creep in?

Using luatex 0.30.1 and 2008.08.05 18:47 MKIV.

[By the way, sometxt doesn't work here and I have to stick with
textext.]

Hans van der Meer

* Re: metapost behaving different
@ 2008-10-16 12:01 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-16 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> Why is mkii behaving differently and not affected by pen changes?
> Is this to be expected from metapost (and thus to be considered normal
> behaviour) or did a bug creep in?

Can you please post a small complete example?

Best wishes,
Taco