* Arabic script bug in MKIV
@ 2008-10-17  9:04 Mehdi Omidali
From: Mehdi Omidali @ 2008-10-17  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone
At last I could install minimal context to use the latest luatex
(0.30.1) with latest cont-tmf release. Thanks.
I don't know if the following is a luatex or Context bug. Sorry if
here is not the right place to report this.
After compiling the following lines I faced two problems in the output.
1- In the first line words get mixed.
2- In the second line only 456 appeared but it should be 0123456789.
The second problem occurs for the specific font that I have used and I
can resolve it by using another font. The problem is that in the font,
the character ۱ for example is assigned to two unicode characters, one
for U+0661 (arabic digit one) and also for U+06F1 (farsi digit one).
But MKIV doesn't know this approach. In fact, only digits 4,5, and 6
are different in farsi and arabic so they appeared in the output
correctly. XeTeX knows this kind of character assignment.

The font can be downloaded from
http://irmug.org/portal/index.php?name=Downloads&req=getit&lid=48

Thanks.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\definefontfeature
   [persian]
   [mode=node,language=dflt,script=arab,
    init=yes,medi=yes,fina=yes,isol=yes,
    liga=yes,dlig=yes,rlig=yes,clig=yes,
    mark=yes,mkmk=yes,kern=yes,curs=yes]

\starttypescript [serif] [persian]
\definefontsynonym [Farsi-Light][name:XB Niloofar.ttf][features=persian]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif][persian][name]
 \usetypescript[serif][persian]
 \definefontsynonym [Serif][Farsi-Light][features=persian]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [Farsi]
	\definetypeface[Farsi][rm][serif][persian][default]
\stoptypescript
\def\FarsiGlobalDir {\pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\pardir TRT\textdir TRT}
\definestartstop
  [farsidocument]
  [commands={\usetypescript[Farsi]%
	\setupbodyfont[Farsi,12pt]%
	\FarsiGlobalDir}]

\starttext
\startfarsidocument
ایضاً این هم همین طور است.

۰۱۲۳۴۵۶۷۸۹
\stopfarsidocument

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

* Re: Arabic script bug in MKIV
@ 2008-10-17 13:36 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-10-17 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> Hi everyone
> At last I could install minimal context to use the latest luatex
> (0.30.1) with latest cont-tmf release. Thanks.
> I don't know if the following is a luatex or Context bug. Sorry if
> here is not the right place to report this.
> After compiling the following lines I faced two problems in the output.
> 1- In the first line words get mixed.

This is a bug in the luatex executable, it will be fixed in the
next release (sometime next week).

> 2- In the second line only 456 appeared but it should be 0123456789.

I do not know what happens here.

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Arabic script bug in MKIV
@ 2008-10-17 19:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-17 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mehdi Omidali wrote:
> Hi everyone
> At last I could install minimal context to use the latest luatex
> (0.30.1) with latest cont-tmf release. Thanks.
> I don't know if the following is a luatex or Context bug. Sorry if
> here is not the right place to report this.
> After compiling the following lines I faced two problems in the output.
> 1- In the first line words get mixed.
> 2- In the second line only 456 appeared but it should be 0123456789.
> The second problem occurs for the specific font that I have used and I
> can resolve it by using another font. The problem is that in the font,
> the character ۱ for example is assigned to two unicode characters, one
> for U+0661 (arabic digit one) and also for U+06F1 (farsi digit one).
> But MKIV doesn't know this approach. In fact, only digits 4,5, and 6
> are different in farsi and arabic so they appeared in the output
> correctly. XeTeX knows this kind of character assignment.

so, how does the font communicate this dual usage?

> \definestartstop
>   [farsidocument]
>   [commands={\usetypescript[Farsi]%
> 	\setupbodyfont[Farsi,12pt]%
> 	\FarsiGlobalDir}]

way more efficient

\usetypescript[Farsi]

\definestartstop[farsidocument][commands={\switchtobodyfont[Farsi]\FarsiGlobalDir}]

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE