* Problem with itemize with arranging pages
@ 2008-10-20 23:15 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2008-10-20 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

itemize won't work with page arrangement.  Is this connected with this:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Caveat:_common_troubles ?
(In other words: feature, not bug; and resolvable using
texexec --arrange?)

(I just want to be sure.)

Greets

--
Marcin Borkowski (http://mbork.pl)

* Re: Problem with itemize with arranging pages
@ 2008-10-21  2:16 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-10-21  2:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> itemize won't work with page arrangement.  Is this connected with this:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Caveat:_common_troubles ?
> (In other words: feature, not bug; and resolvable using
> texexec --arrange?)
>
> (I just want to be sure.)

Itemize uses two pass data (so that \startitemize[reverse]
can work). Therefore itemize not working with page arrangements seems
reasonable. (I haven't checked yet).

Aditya

* Re: Problem with itemize with arranging pages
@ 2008-10-21  8:19   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Marcin Borkowski wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> itemize won't work with page arrangement.  Is this connected with this:
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Caveat:_common_troubles ?
>> (In other words: feature, not bug; and resolvable using
>> texexec --arrange?)
>>
>> (I just want to be sure.)
>
> Itemize uses two pass data (so that \startitemize[reverse]
> can work). Therefore itemize not working with page arrangements seems
> reasonable. (I haven't checked yet).

it will work but the last pass (arranging) has to be done without tui
generation (try to run texexec with --arrange  which will do the extra
pass)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-10-21  8:32 ` Mari Voipio
From: Mari Voipio @ 2008-10-21  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marcin Borkowski wrote:
> itemize won't work with page arrangement.  Is this connected with this:
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Imposition#Caveat:_common_troubles ?
> (In other words: feature, not bug; and resolvable using
> texexec --arrange?)

Quite likely - I must say that I didn't notice, but that's probably
because I found the problem on the first page when my Table of Contents
didn't turn up; never got as far as to the first itemize...

I use WinConteXt with SciTe and at least there *everything* falls in
place in my A5 booklet layout when I remember to command "Process and
Arrange" instead of just "Process". AFAIK, that command is an equivalent
of texexec --arrange; at least it does the trick...
(I'm still mainly running ConteXt mkII, but I tested this in WinConteXt
mkIV a while back and it worked.)

Mari
(Motto: Never upgrade software just before deadline unless you really
have to.)