* problem with mathaligned in MkIV
@ 2009-11-05  2:42 Chen Shen
From: Chen Shen @ 2009-11-05  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I was using the following macro from Aditya's Mathalign "My Way".

It worked great with MkII and old versions of MkIV.

However, it failed in recent versions of MkIV (e.g. 2009.11.2).

Apparently, the \makesectionnumber and \rawreference macros have be removed.

I wonder if anyone can give pointers on how to fix this.

Thanks a lot.

best regards,

shenchen

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% begin %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%\def\placesubformulawithnumber{%

\dodoubleempty\doplacesubformulawithnumber}

\def\doplacesubformulawithnumber[#1][#2]%#2 gobbles spaces

{\incrementnumber[formula]

\makesectionnumber[formula]

\iffirstargument

\rawreference{for}{#1}{\composedsectionnumber}

\fi\placesubformula}

\placesubformulawithnumber

\startformula \startalign

\NC a_1 x + b_1 y \NC = c_1 \NR[+][a]

\NC a_2 x + b_2 y \NC = c_2 \NR[+][b]

\stopalign \stopformula

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% end %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

* Re: problem with mathaligned in MkIV
@ 2009-11-05  3:16 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-05  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Chen Shen wrote:

> I was using the following macro from Aditya's Mathalign "My Way".
>
> It worked great with MkII and old versions of MkIV.
>

> However, it failed in recent versions of MkIV (e.g. 2009.11.2).
>
> Apparently, the \makesectionnumber and \rawreference macros have be removed.
>
> I wonder if anyone can give pointers on how to fix this.

A cleaner way to achieve the same output is

\starttext

\startsubformulas[eq:sub]
\placesubformula
\startformula \startalign
\NC a_1 x + b_1 y \NC = c_1 \NR[eq:1]
\NC a_2 x + b_2 y \NC = c_2 \NR[eq:2]
\stopalign \stopformula
\stopsubformulas

\stoptext

but this seems to be broken in mkiv. Hans, any idea what is going wrong
here?

Aditya

* Re: problem with mathaligned in MkIV
@ 2009-11-05  3:17   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-11-05  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 4 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Chen Shen wrote:
>
>> I was using the following macro from Aditya's Mathalign "My Way".
>>
>> It worked great with MkII and old versions of MkIV.
>>

>> However, it failed in recent versions of MkIV (e.g. 2009.11.2).
>>
>> Apparently, the \makesectionnumber and \rawreference macros have be
>> removed.
>>
>> I wonder if anyone can give pointers on how to fix this.
>
> A cleaner way to achieve the same output is
>
> \starttext
>
> \startsubformulas[eq:sub]
> \placesubformula

Sorry, this should have been \placeformula.

@ 2009-11-15  9:41     ` Chen Shen
From: Chen Shen @ 2009-11-15  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)