Mojca Miklavec wrote: >> 1. No small-caps in any font (gyre fonts doesn't have that yet?) > > I didn't check yet, but it's probably a global problem in mkiv > smallcaps support. > Tried with MkII and MkIV. No small caps in sans-serif only if text is written in english. In MkIV with gyre smallcaps are available only in normal script. But with cyrillic no smallcaps in every case. If you need I can test every combination and make a more detailed report. >> 2. adventor have italic but slanted displays as normal (roman) > > in type-otf.tex at least this is missing: > > \starttypescript [sans] [adventor] % and possibly others > \definefontsynonym [\typescriptprefix{n:\typescripttwo}-Regular] > .... > > The same is true for mono. > Great! These definitions fixed the most problems. One note: previously cyrillic "should be smallcaps" text displayed as roman, now it is missing completely, but latin works fine. Is there a workaround to remap this somehow? I didn't learn about typescripts enough yet to do this myself (but working on it). >> 3. cursor have only roman script (no bold, slanted, etc.) >> \definetypeface [mygyre] [tt] [sans] [cursor] > > Try > \definetypeface [mygyre] [tt] [mono] [cursor] > > Also, in type-otf.tex one needs to fix > \starttypescript [sans] [cursor] [name] > into > \starttypescript [sans] [mono] [name] > Possibly this should be: \starttypescript [mono] [cursor] [name] ? > (I'm just afraid that you'll find so many problem in the Cyrillic part > of Gyre ...) Except for missing small-caps (this is not critical at all) and with addition of your definitions in type-otf.tex TeX Gyre support is enough to write in Russian language (tested all fonts). I've compiled big documents and not found any deficiencies so far. Attached the resulting type-otf.tex. Maybe this'll save a few minutes for someone. -- Regards, Oleg Kolosov