* \item doesn't work with ConTeXt (works with LuaTeX/TeX)
@ 2008-10-31 13:46 Mildred Ki'Lya
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mildred Ki'Lya @ 2008-10-31 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a strange error with ConTeXt. This error isn't produced using
LuaTeX. The error seems to be in one of the CoTeXt files but I can't
understand it. I hope some of you will be able to help me there.

The code is as simple as that:

  ===== test.tex =====
1 \begingroup
2   \item{1} test 1
3   \item{2} test 2
4 \endgroup
5
6 \end
7
  ====================

Now, if I run 'context test', I get at some point the following error:

! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
\stopitemgroup ...mdepth }\egroup \else \endgroup
                                                  \global \advance \itemdept...
l.5

?

Attached, the complete log.

I hope you'll be able to understand that strange error.

Thanks.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya
╭───────── mildred593@online.fr ──────────

[-- Attachment #2: test.log --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 164 bytes --]

This is TeX, Version 3.1415926 (Web2C 7.5.7) (format=tex 2008.9.13)  31 OCT 2008 14:45
**test
(./test.tex [1] )
Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 248 bytes).

* Re: \item doesn't work with ConTeXt (works with LuaTeX/TeX)
@ 2008-10-31 13:59 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-10-31 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Mildred Ki'Lya <ml.mildred593@online.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange error with ConTeXt. This error isn't produced using
> LuaTeX. The error seems to be in one of the CoTeXt files but I can't
> understand it. I hope some of you will be able to help me there.
>
> The code is as simple as that:
>

>  ===== test.tex =====
> 1 \begingroup
> 2   \item{1} test 1
> 3   \item{2} test 2
> 4 \endgroup
> 5
> 6 \end
> 7
>  ====================

See
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Description

--
luigi

* Re: \item doesn't work with ConTeXt (works with LuaTeX/TeX)
@ 2008-10-31 14:26 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-10-31 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Mildred Ki'Lya <ml.mildred593@online.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange error with ConTeXt. This error isn't produced using
> LuaTeX. The error seems to be in one of the CoTeXt files but I can't
> understand it. I hope some of you will be able to help me there.
>
> The code is as simple as that:
>

>  ===== test.tex =====
> 1 \begingroup
> 2   \item{1} test 1
> 3   \item{2} test 2
> 4 \endgroup
> 5
> 6 \end
> 7
>  ====================
>

> Now, if I run 'context test', I get at some point the following error:
>
> ! Missing } inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                }
> <to be read again>
>                   \endgroup
> \stopitemgroup ...mdepth }\egroup \else \endgroup
>                                                  \global \advance \itemdept...
> l.5
>
> ?
>

> Attached, the complete log.
>
> I hope you'll be able to understand that strange error.

1. Why don't you use the itemize environment?

2. End the paragraph before the end of the group.

\item 2 test 2 \par
\endgroup

or

\item 2 test 2

\endgroup

Wolfgang

* Re: \item doesn't work with ConTeXt (works with LuaTeX/TeX)
@ 2008-10-31 14:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-10-31 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mildred Ki'Lya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a strange error with ConTeXt. This error isn't produced using
> LuaTeX. The error seems to be in one of the CoTeXt files but I can't
> understand it. I hope some of you will be able to help me there.
>
> The code is as simple as that:
>

>   ===== test.tex =====
> 1 \begingroup
> 2   \item{1} test 1
> 3   \item{2} test 2
> 4 \endgroup
> 5
> 6 \end
> 7
>   ====================
>

> Now, if I run 'context test', I get at some point the following error:
>
> ! Missing } inserted.
> <inserted text>
>                 }
> <to be read again>
>                    \endgroup
> \stopitemgroup ...mdepth }\egroup \else \endgroup
>                                                   \global \advance \itemdept...
> l.5
>
> ?
>

> Attached, the complete log.
>
> I hope you'll be able to understand that strange error.

 > 1 \begingroup
 > 2   \item{1} test 1
 > 3   \item{2} test 2
 > 4 \endgroup

in this case \item grabs a paragraph and therefore the whole bunch till
after the \endgroup

 > 1 \begingroup
 > 2   \item test 1 \par
 > 3   \item test 2 \par