* columnset running into footer when using \setupheader[state=high]
@ 2008-11-25 17:40 Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2008-11-25 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a fairly standard setup with the usual code to move the
pagenumber to the footer on the first page of the chapter. This works
fine, except when I place the text in a columnset, in which case the
columnset on page 2 (and all following pages) runs into the footer area.
I'm fairly certain that \setupheader[state=high] interferes with way
columnset counts the number of lines it can fit into each column,
resulting in columns that run into the footer area. This code shows the
problem:

% columnset running into footer area
\definelayout[1][]
\setupheader[state=high]
\definetext[footerpagenumber][footer][pagenumber]
\setuphead[chapter][page=yes,header=high,footer=footerpagenumber,number=no,align=middle]
\definecolumnset[columnl][n=2]
\showgrid \showframe
\starttext
\chapter{One}
\startcolumnset[column]
\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
\stopcolumnset
\stoptext

Looking in the mail archive it looks like this is an old problem (see:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060516.092742.d455b795.en.html
) but I'm wondering about a solution. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Jelle

* Re: columnset running into footer when using \setupheader[state=high]
@ 2008-11-26 15:33 ` Jelle Huisman
From: Jelle Huisman @ 2008-11-26 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jelle Huisman wrote:
> % columnset running into footer area
> \definelayout[1][]
> \setupheader[state=high]
> \definetext[footerpagenumber][footer][pagenumber]
> \setuphead[chapter][page=yes,header=high,footer=footerpagenumber,number=no,align=middle]
> \definecolumnset[columnl][n=2]
> \showgrid \showframe
> \starttext
> \chapter{One}
> \startcolumnset[column]
> \dorecurse{10}{\input knuth}
> \stopcolumnset
> \stoptext
>
> Looking in the mail archive it looks like this is an old problem (see:
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060516.092742.d455b795.en.html
> ) but I'm wondering about a solution. Any thoughts?

One way around this is to use \setupcolumnsetlines[][][] to balance the
columns. With a 1200 page publication: no fun.

Jelle