* startconstants broken
@ 2008-12-11 11:36 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2008-12-11 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Upgrading seems to have broken \startconstants (and probably also
\startvariables). The code below worked in cont-tmf version 2008-08-05
but no longer in 2008-10-31:

\startconstants all
	spine:    spine
	% etcetera
\stopconstants
\startvariables all
	% etcetera
\stopvariables

The error is:
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \c!spine
                     =\v!none
\xprocesscommaitem #1,#2->\if ,#1
                                  ,\@EA \xprocesscommaitem \else
\if ]#1\@EAE...
<argument> ...=\v!cd ,\c!spine =\v!none ,\c!state
                                                   =\v!draft ,\c!
output =\v!p...

\xdogetparameters #1]->\xprocesscommaitem #1
                                             ,],\@relax@
l.162 	]

Addition of "\def\c!spine{}" makes the error go away.

So definitely something is broken in the latter release for the start-
macro(s).
Could there be given a quick fix sothat I can avoid reverting back to
the earlier version or adding changes all ver the place?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: startconstants broken
@ 2008-12-11 11:41 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-12-11 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:
> Upgrading seems to have broken \startconstants (and probably also
> \startvariables). The code below worked in cont-tmf version 2008-08-05
> but no longer in 2008-10-31:

See

   http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Release_Notes#Context_2008.10.31

Have a look at the included t-bib.tex for the new format.

Best wishes,
Taco