* Newcomer bibliography question
@ 2008-12-31 10:53 Andrey Riabushenko
From: Andrey Riabushenko @ 2008-12-31 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Happy New Year,

I am trying to create style skeleton for my reports in ConTeXt. Aw test case I
decided to add my bibliography from previous articles written in LaTeX. I
have tried this bibliography with plain bibtex, natbib, biblatex with no
problems. With ConTeXt bib module I get bunch of  errors.
I am using latest ConTeXt minimals on FreeBSD.
I am adding the bibliography like this:
\usemodule[bib]

\setuppublications[alternative=apa, refcommand=authoryears, numbering=yes,
criterium=all]

\setupbibtex[database=report, sort=author]

\completepublications[criterium=all]

I can't figure out on my own what is wrong with my bibliography (attached).

title           : - References
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...typesetapublication {garch}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...pesetapublication {calvet2}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...pesetapublication {calvet3}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...otypesetapublication {arch}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...setapublication {mad-optim}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
<argument> ...esetapublication {accuracy}\strut }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd
4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf
\nointerlineskip ...

\dodolistelement ...ement {#1}{#2}{#3}{#4}{#5}{#6}
                                                  \global \utilitydonetrue
l.86 \completepublications[criterium=all]

?

P.S. By the way. Is it possible to supply multiple sorting criteria? Possible
like this,
\setupbibtex[database=report, sort={author,year,title}]
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^

[-- Attachment #2: report.bib --]
[-- Type: text/x-bibtex, Size: 5219 bytes --]

@MANUAL {
	my-fractal,
	AUTHOR={Andrii Riabushenko},
        TITLE={Multifractal model: forecasting stock return in the {U}kranian stock market},
	ORGANIZATION={Economics education and research consortium},
	YEAR=2008,
	LANGUAGE={ukrainian},
}

@Article{black-scholes,
  author={Black, Fischer and Scholes, Myron},
  title={The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities},
  journal={Journal of Political Economy},
  year=1973,
  volume={81},
  number={3},
  pages={637-54},
  LANGUAGE={ukrainian},
}

@Article{markowitz,
  author={Harry Markowitz},
  title={Portfolio Selection},
  journal={Journal of Finance},
  year=1952,
  volume={7},
  number={1},
  pages={77-91},
  language={ukrainian},
}

@Article{binomial-tree,
  author={Cox, John C. and Ross, Stephen A. and Rubinstein, Mark},
  title={Option Pricing: A Simplified Approach},
  journal={Journal of Financial economics},
  year=1979,
  volume={7},
  number={3},
  pages={229-263},
  LANGUAGE={ukrainian}
}

@PHDTHESIS {
    japan,
    AUTHOR="Thomas Lux and Taisei Kaizoji",
    TITLE="Forecasting Volatility and Volume in the Tokyo Stock Market: Long Memory, Fractality and Regime Switching",
    SCHOOL="Department of Economics. University of Kiel",
    ADDRESS="Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany",
    YEAR=2006
}

@MANUAL {
	msm,
	AUTHOR="Thomas Lux",
	TITLE="The Markov-Switching Multifractal Model of Asset Returns: GMM Estimation and Linear Forecasting of Volatility",
	ORGANIZATION="Department of Economics. University of Kiel",
	ADDRESS="Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany",
	YEAR=2006
}

@MANUAL {
	perevoz,
	AUTHOR="Vladislav Perevozchikov",
	TITLE="Which Companies Go Public in Ukraine",
	ORGANIZATION="Economics education and research consortium",
	YEAR=2007
}

@MANUAL {
    calvet,
    AUTHOR="Laurent Calvet and Adlai Fisher",
    TITLE="Regime-Switching and the Estimation of Multifractal Processes",
    ORGANIZATION={Harvard University. Cambridge, Massachusetts},
    YEAR=2004,
}

@ARTICLE {
    calvet2,
    AUTHOR="Laurent Calvet and Adlai Fisher",
    TITLE="Forecasting Multifractal Volatility",
    JOURNAL="Journal of Econometrics",
    VOLUME=44,
    YEAR=2001
}

@ARTICLE {
    calvet3,
    AUTHOR="Laurent Calvet and Adlai Fisher",
    TITLE="Multifractalily in Asset Returns: Theory and Evidence",
    JOURNAL="The Review of Economics and Statistics",
    VOLUME=31,
    YEAR=2002
}

@ARTICLE {
    garch,
    AUTHOR="T. Bollerslev",
    TITLE="Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity",
    JOURNAL="Journal of Econometrics",
    VOLUME=31,
    YEAR=1986
}

@ARTICLE {
    arch,
    AUTHOR="R. F. Engle",
    TITLE="Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation",
    JOURNAL="Econometrica",
    VOLUME=50,
    YEAR=1982
}

@ARTICLE {
    mad-optim,
    TITLE="A Reformulation of a Mean-Absolute Deviation Portfolio Optimization Model",
    AUTHOR="Charles D. Feinstein and Mukund N. Thapa",
    JOURNAL="Management Science",
    VOLUME=39,
    YEAR=1993,
    PAGES={1552--1553}
}

@ARTICLE {
    sharpe,
    AUTHOR = "William F. Sharpe",
    TITLE="Mutual Fund Performance Measurement",
    JOURNAL="Journal of Bussiness",
    YEAR=1966,
    PAGES={118--138}
}

@ARTICLE {
    accuracy,
    AUTHOR = "Rob J. Hyndman and Anne B. Koehler",
    TITLE = "Another Look of Measures of Forecast Accuracy",
    JOURNAL = {International Journal of Forecasting},
    YEAR = 2006,
    VOLUME = 22,
    PAGES = {679--688}
}

@MANUAL {
    mandelbrot1,
    AUTHOR = "Benoit Mandelbrot",
    TITLE="The Fractal Geometry of Nature",
    ORGANIZATION="W.H. Freeman and Company, New York",
    YEAR=1977
}

@MANUAL {
    kaye,
    AUTHOR = "Brian Kaye",
    TITLE="A Random Walk Through Fractal Dimensions",
    ORGANIZATION="VCH Publishers, New York",
    YEAR=1989
}

@MANUAL {
   falconer,
   AUTHOR = "K. Falconer",
   TITLE = "Geometry of Fractal Sets",
   ORGANIZATION = "Cambridge University Press",
   YEAR=1985
}

@MANUAL {
    mandelbrot,
    AUTHOR="Benoit Mandelbrot and Adlai Fisher and Laurent Calvet",
    TITLE="A Multifractal Model of Asset Returns",
    ORGANIZATION={Department of Mathematics, Yale University and IBM T. J. Watson Research Center},
    YEAR=1996,
    MONTH=oct
}

@MANUAL {
    rproject,
    title = {R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing},
    author = {{R Development Team}},
    organization = {R Foundation for Statistical Computing},
    address = {Vienna, Austria},
    year = {2006},
    note = {{ISBN} 3-900051-07-0},
    url = {http://www.R-project.org},
}

@BOOK {
	peters,
	AUTHOR="Edgar E. Peters",
	TITLE="Chaos and Order in the Capital Markets",
	PUBLISHER="John Wiley \& Sons, Inc",
	YEAR=1994
}

@BOOK {
	peters2,
	AUTHOR="Edgar E. Peters",
	TITLE="Fractal Market Analysis. Applying Chaos Theory to Investment and Economics",
	PUBLISHER="John Wiley \& Sons, Inc",
	YEAR=1991
}

@BOOK {
	taylor,
	AUTHOR="S. Taylor",
	TITLE="Modelling Financial Time Series",
	PUBLISHER="John Wiley \& Sons, Inc",
	YEAR=1986
}

@BOOK {
	ga,
	AUTHOR="Lance D. Chambers",
	TITLE="The practical handbook of genetic algortihms, Applications.",
	PUBLISHER="Chapman \& Hall/CRC",
	YEAR=2001
}

* Re: Newcomer bibliography question
@ 2008-12-31 12:06 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2008-12-31 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andrey Riabushenko wrote:
> Happy New Year,
>
> I am trying to create style skeleton for my reports in ConTeXt. Aw test case I
> decided to add my bibliography from previous articles written in LaTeX. I
> have tried this bibliography with plain bibtex, natbib, biblatex with no
> problems. With ConTeXt bib module I get bunch of  errors.
> I am using latest ConTeXt minimals on FreeBSD.
> I am adding the bibliography like this:
> \usemodule[bib]
>
> \setuppublications[alternative=apa, refcommand=authoryears, numbering=yes,
> criterium=all]
>
> \setupbibtex[database=report, sort=author]
>
> \completepublications[criterium=all]
>
> I can't figure out on my own what is wrong with my bibliography (attached).

It is bug in the module triggered by the lack of issue information
in some of the article entries. To fix it, best put this in your
preamble for now:

\setuppublicationlayout[article]{%
    \insertartauthors{}{ }{\insertthekey{}{ }{}}%
    \insertpubyear{(}{). }{\unskip.}%
    \insertarttitle{\bgroup }{\egroup. }{}%
    \insertjournal{\bgroup \it}{\egroup}
     {\insertcrossref{In }{}{}}%
    \insertvolume
     {\bgroup \it, }
     {\egroup\insertissue{\/(}{)}{}\insertpages{, }{.}{.}}
     {\insertpages{, pp. }{.}{.}}%
    \insertnote{ }{.}{}%
    \insertcomment{}{.}{}%
}

I will fix this in the next release.

> P.S. By the way. Is it possible to supply multiple sorting criteria? Possible
> like this,
> \setupbibtex[database=report, sort={author,year,title}]

No, that is not possible. I have a lua-based bibliography converter
planned and once that is in place, this will be possible.

Best wishes,
Taco